About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Sunday, October 05, 2014

October 1 to 5, 2014; Work, Corn Maze and visit from Jeff

OCTOBER  1/14, Wednesday; More work
Today was only a half day of work.  I learned how to glaze windows which was interesting and easy (when you have the proper tools).  In the afternoon, I took the motorhome to the dump station and then to Cottonwood RV shop to have it winterize and get an estimate on the leak with one of the slide.  I got a call later that the leak was caused by a separation of the ceiling on the slide so after discussing the price, I gave the go-ahead on the repairs.  We had dinner then watched the tube.  Mainly cloudy today.  Unger Windows gave all their employees a gift certificate for Mark’s World.  A total surprise and very much appreciated by all of us!

OCT  2, Thursday;
I was on the road most of the day picking up and delivering.  I got back at the shop around 3 pm and unloaded what was left.  Kevin and I loaded two windows that belonged to Graeme and took them to his new house and installed them; Graeme joined us at the house in time to give us a hand.  After that heavy work, I went home to a wonderful meal and, for the first time in a long time, I had a BATH!  It felt wonderful and it relaxed the tired muscles and bones!

OCT  3, Friday;
Today was sunny and just right for temperature.  We went to a private house in Chilliwack and installed 2 windows in the bedroom then four little ones in the basement.  It took much longer than we anticipated and we were finally backed at the shop by 5 pm.
An evening of relaxation and looking forward to two days off.

OCT  4, Saturday; Days off, laundry and Company BBQ.
A busy day with lots of sunshine to enjoy!  Val did the laundry while I fixed the towel rack in the bathroom.  Then we went to town and got a couple items out of the motorhome and got a few groceries on the way back.  At 5:30 pm, we drove to the Chilliwack Corn Maze where we met Kevin and Rochelle and the rest of the workers for UNGER WINDOWS.  We had fun looking around, meeting everyone’s other half and doing the maze which turned out to be challenging and fun.  We were supposed to have a BBQ there but Kevin and Rochelle decided to have it at their house so we all drove there.  At the house, Kevin was the perfect host and made sure we were all looked after and cooked perfect steaks.  Rochelle had already cooked potatoes and made a salad.  Joe, one of the employees, is also a guitar lead in a band so he entertained us around the fire.  The whole evening was a success and it finally ended around eleven pm.

OCT  5, Sunday; visit from Jeffrey
I woke up all stuffed up and runny nose; Great!!!  I spent the day on the couch wrapped up in a blanket and had a snooze.  Val went to a shower for Courtenay and Jeffrey showed up around 3 pm for a visit, to do his laundry and got a free dinner out of it! J  Jeff had a hockey practice tonight so left around 6 pm and we watched the tube for a while.  I was in bed early after making my lunch and getting the coffee ready for the morning.

No comments: