April 6, 2019:
Wow, it has been a long time since I wrote on this blog! If you have followed our adventures, you know that we have travel in every States except Alaska and Hawaii. You also know that we have visited every Provinces except the Yukon and North West Territories. It has been a dream of mine to complete this segment and it will finally happened this summer. Our plans are to leave around the 15 of June so stay tune as we prepared for this "Grand" adventure
- Claude & Val Pauze/ Heathman
- Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
- We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!
Saturday, April 06, 2019
Thursday, December 08, 2016
· We had doctor’s appointment on Wednesday in Salmon Arm. This was our last visit with Dr Bonthuys. He was a good doctor and we enjoyed his professionalism. Now we have to find a new one in Oliver.
· Here we are finally once again. This is Dec 8th!!! It has been a very busy time since October. We got a mortgage, decided on a final place to live, open a new account at Interior Savings in Oliver (closing Royal Bank), got house insurance, took possession of our new home on November 26th then went to Gateway and brought two loads of boxes back to our house and proceeded to unload and unpack (each load was about an eight hours drive return trip). We still have about two more loads to pick up. We had our new furniture delivered and now we are pretty well settled in at
· #29-6601 Tucelnuit Dr, Oliver, BC, V0H 1T3. Our phone number is still the same at 250 -515-0922.
· About two weeks ago, I got a call from my brother asking if I was interested in joining 5 of them (all brothers) for a trip to Cuba! After a quick discussion with Val, I called him back and said YES! I am leaving on the 13th of this month and returning the 25th. Really looking forward to that, it will be first time we are together (just the boys) on a holiday!
· That’s it for now!
Monday, October 31, 2016
Boy, am I ever behind in my blog! I kind of lost interest in it, especially since we are not travelling. We are presently living in Osoyoos waiting for our all financing to be in place and our move to our new home in Oliver on the 26th! Yesterday we bought our new furniture at CITY FURNITURE here in Osoyoos. Marcel and Audrey came with us; paid cash which was nice.
Today the 18th, we had our medical exam for the purpose of purchasing Life Insurance for the mortgage and later we signed the papers for the mortgage.
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
We went to Salmon Arm to shop and stopped at Bob and Gail’s house for a short but nice visit. It is sunny again on this Tuesday!
Wednesday was also sunny but became very cloudy by the end of the day. The nights are VERY COLD, freezing actually -2, -4 C. Charlene came over for a visit from Logan Lake and stayed the night. Lynden is gone hunting with the boys.
On Friday, we drove to Kamloops for Val’s contacts at Costco, had brunch then headed south to Chilliwack. We had nice weather until the top end of the Coquihalla when it began to rain for the rest of the way. We had a great visit with great-grand-daughter Elena, mom and gram-ma on Saturday then on Sunday, the four of us met Doreen and Gord at a local restaurant for breakfast then in the afternoon, we went to the theatre to watch “The Accountant” (very good), came home, ordered Pizza and watched more movies on TV. The storm that we had been warned about never materialized and as a matter of fact it was a decent day with no rain.
Monday, the kids came over for dinner then later, the rest of the family showed up for cake and ice cream (Sean’s birthday). It was a success. Rochelle and Kevin are marvelous host and made sure everyone was looked after.
Tuesday, we were back home in Gateway after saying goodbye to Rochelle and Graeme at the office; Kevin was out on a job. It was raining when we left but cleared up past Merritt and we had a dry run home.