About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Friday, October 17, 2014

October 11 to 16, 2014; Work, work, work

OCT  11, Saturday; Shopping
Cloudy and warm; we went to town and Abbotsford to shop for jeans for me and a new laptop.  We stopped at London Drug, Future shop for some prices then drove to Best Buy in Abbotsford where I bought a new ASUS laptop/tablet.  Then, we went to Costco for some buns, pumpkin pie.  We came home, put everything away then had dinner.  A good day overall!  I tried out my new tablet and don’t like it so will return it Monday.

 
OCT  12, Sunday; THANKSGIVING DINNER
Cloudy with some occasional drizzles!  We slept in today (7 am) then got things ready for the dinner at Rochelle & Kevin later.  We got the pie, the buns and Val cooked some root vegetables as part of our participation.  We drove to R&K house at 3 pm and Val put the vegetables in Rochelle’s oven.  Everyone was there by 5 pm, 13 people total, and we proceeded to devour the turkey and all the other dish that were available.  It was a great success, fun, full of personal thanks and lots of Love.  I was really sorry that son Jeffrey couldn’t make it as it would have been complete.  Afterwards, we moved to the living room for more laughs and fun and dessert (Pumpkin and Apple Pie w/ice cream).  Kevin’s uncle, his wife and daughter showed up for a visit and also K&R’s tenants downstairs who happen to also be good friends with Hayley.  We finally left around 9:30 pm.

 
OCT  13, Happy Thanksgiving
I tried to make it a lazy morning but was still up by 7 am.  Anyway, after breakfast and shower, I went to help Graeme at his house.  Grandpa Sid was already there working on the flooring.  I helped for about two hours but then had to leave as we were going to Abbotsford to exchange the computer I bought on Saturday.  I got an ACER in exchange but still with WIN 8.02 which I particularly don’t care for.  Anyway, we left the store only to find out I locked my keys inside so after calling BCAA and waiting 50 minutes, he finally arrived and two minutes later, we were on our way.  We came back to Chwk and stopped at the MAJOR LEAGUE for a drink and a bite to eat.  It was a good day and it didn’t rain.

 
OCT  14, Tuesday; a LOOOOONG DAY!
We had to be at work at 7 am which meant getting up an extra hour earlier.  I spent the day at the Abbotsford job site at the Post Office and we finally got back by 5 pm.  Val had dinner on for me then after soaking in the tub for a half hour, we watched the tube for a while before going to bed.

 
OCT  15, Wednesday; Work in Hope
In at 7 am under rainy skies, I was assigned to Graeme today and went to Hope to installed windows at a dealership, Joe also came with us.  We loaded window frames which I had picked up earlier and took that to the job site.  We had to take the windows out (5 of them) and another crew made the frames then we installed our metal frames then the glass then glazed all the windows.  It was both interesting and a busy day.  The weather cooperated too and the sun even came out for a few minutes.  We were back at the shop at 5:30 pm.  When I got home, I took a bath, had dinner and was in bed very early.  Val also had a good day shopping and walking the trail along the Vedder canal.

 
OCT  16, Thursday
I went back to Hope today to deliver a huge glass for one of the window, unloaded and installed it; Kevin came out to give us a hand.  By 11 am I was back on the road to do some pick-ups in Langley, Surrey and delivered doors in south Langley.  I had one more pick up on the way home but I was 3 minutes late and the shop was closed so came home.  I was done by 5 pm.  At home, Val had made a stew so we had that for dinner and she told me about her day.  We watched the tube for a while and once again, I was in bed early

No comments: