About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Octobre 6 to 10, 2014; Work days

OCT  6, Monday; SICK DAY!
I woke up feeling worst this morning so had to call in sick; real bad throaty cough!  Today is my grand-son’s birthday and I sure hope I can make it tonight for the get together.  I had a snooze in the early afternoon and I felt a bit better afterwards.  I sat outside for a while and took in the sun and the warm air.  Val went to meet a friend of hers, Gill, whom we haven’t seen for many years.  Val said she had a long and marvelous day with her.  Afterwards she went for a walk on the Vedder River walkway then came home.  After dinner, we went to Rochelle and Kevin to share in Grand-son Graeme’s birthday celebration.

OCT  7, Tuesday; back to work
I was still feeling my cold so Kevin kept me on light duty.  I worked mainly in the shop and did a couple of short runs.  I came home early and had a bath again and it felt good.  After dinner, I was in bed early.  Val did more searches on a job and dropped off a few more resumes.

OCT  8, Wednesday;
It was a busy day!  It began slow but soon became busy.  I did a bunch of cuts for window frames then drove to Burnaby to pick up door frames and came right back to the shop.  I delivered the window frames to the job site where the rest of the guys were, unloaded that and loaded the old windows then I helped the crew.  I had to remind them a couple times that I am 67 y.o!  I finally got home at 6 pm and after a drink, we had dinner then watched SURVIVOR!

OCT  9, Thursday;
Another easy day!  First I had to unload door frames at a job site then drove to the “home shop” to unload the old windows I picked up yesterday.  I went back to the job and got my marching orders from Kevin and drove to Cloverdale then Langley to have the truck service.  An hour later, I drove to Surrey for a couple of pick-ups, one of which I had a hard time finding.  I got back to Chwk and unloaded the truck then went home after picking up the Jeep at “Green Acres” where I had the U-joints changed.  I came home, had a drink, then dinner.  It was a good day and sunny & warm.  The forecast is for rain for the next few days.
I called Virgin and reduced my plan then Bell TV and cancelled that for the next 6 months

OCT  10, Friday; TGIF!
It was a busy day!  First I went to Langley to pick up windows for a job in Hope.  I had to take Kevin truck and the cargo trailer.  I arrived in good times but unfortunately, the order wasn’t ready and I had to wait around for almost 2 hrs.  Once loaded I took the trailer back to the house and after unhooking, I went to Abbotsford to get the cargo truck and go to ALUMINEX to pick up a load of doors and frames for the Post Office job.  Joe came with me and once again, they weren’t ready but we were soon loaded and back to Abbotsford to unload the whole thing then home.  It was a long day and I am glad it’s the week-end!  Three days to boot as it is Thanks-Giving W.E.  Val and I sat out for a drink then had dinner and watched the tube, I was in bed early as I was tired!  It was a very nice day again weather wise!

No comments: