About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

October 17 to 21, 2014; Chwk and dinner with grand-daughter

OCT  17, Friday; it’s been a long week!
10 hour shifts have been hard to get used to so I am glad that it is Friday and that Monday, I will be back to normal hours for a few days I hope!  Anyway, today was an easy one; first we went to the Post Office job in Abbotsford and installed doors and finished putting the rest of the glass in the frames and putting some final touch.  At one pm I had to take the truck for an oil change then to a supplier to pick up more doors for another job next week then a couple more places and back to the “barn” as they say!  I was home by 5 pm, showered, dinner and began enjoying some well earned time off.

 
OCT  18, Saturday; Relaxing
We finally got going after a very lazy morning.  We went to the Mall where Val dropped off a couple resumes then back to Vedder to order more wine.  We also stopped at Graeme’s house but no one was there so we went for a late lunch at the Jolly Miller Pub.  We came home and I watched some footballs while Val prepared dinner.  I BBQ the pork chops, had dinner and watched the tube at which I proceeded to fall asleep so went to bed.

 
OCT  19, Sunday; Dinner with grand-daughter
It was a cloudy day with a few sunny period and comfortably warm.  We went to the Vedder River and walked the trail along the river.  They’ve done quite a bit of work on this and it shows.  There were a lot of fishermen trying their luck.  After, we came home but first picked up some stuff for dinner then began preparing for our guests.  Grand-daughter Vanessa and her beau, Shawn, showed up at 6 pm (she worked today) and we had a marvelous visit.  Dinner was also a success!  Nessa is a vegetarian so Val cooked a mixture of vegetables along with a salad and potatoe.  The rest of us roughed it up with steaks as meat ogres.  We didn’t have any games so we sat and chatted until it was time for them to leave.  It was a great day!

 
OCT  20, Monday; Work once again
The day began with rain but it cleared up in the afternoon and turned into a pleasant surprise!  This was also a short day for me, I was gone by 4pm.  I did some stuff in the shop, delivered doors to a local church then went to Abbotsford project with Kevin.  After leaving work, I went to a “walk-in” clinic and made an appointment to see a doctor so that I can take my bi-annual blood test for cholesterol and my sugar level.  I had to wait 2 hrs so I came home and showered then returned at the due time.

 
OCT  21, Tuesday;
More pick-up and delivery but all of it for the P.O. in Abbotsford then I spent the rest of the day there helping unloading then setting up for the next windows to go up.  I was back by 4:30 but had to go to COTTONWOOD RV to pay my bill and settle the storage issue.  I came home.  Val had problems with her phone and spent a good part of the day trying to get it resolved.  She has to buy a new phone as the present one is no longer any good!?

No comments: