About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

3 DAYS to GO!!

Today is sunny after an evening of rain last night. I washed the truck which was loaded with bugs from our travels to the coast the past two week-ends. Also filled one empty propane tank on the 5er and loaded the kayaks and the fifth wheel hitch. Took the regular tailgate to Lynden along with some odds and ends. Everything is almost ready to go at this end. Val loaded the last of her clothes and toiletries. We are down to the basic in the house.

This house is turned upside down! Boxes everywhere. We've been using dishes and cooking pots from the 5er for the last 2 days. Tonight will be our last meal here. Tomorrow, we've been invited for dinner at our neighbours next door, Thusday, we are meeting other neighbours to discuss our plans (they want to pick our brains as they are thinking of doing the same) and Friday, the "gang" is meeting us at "the Bull" for a farewell dinner and drinks.

This past Sunday, we drove to Vancouver and after stopping in Chiliwack to drop off Charlene at her parents, we went on to take the Big Screen TV to my son Jeff, had lunch with him then came back home the same day after stopping in Chilliwack to drop off some stuff at my daughter.

The last two week-end have been this busy and I admit that all this driving is getting to me. It's not enjoyable...too rushed, if you know what I mean.

The forecast is for sunshine this coming Friday and Saturday and that's suits us just fine. Val had a bout of "what the hell are we doing" yesterday and I admit that it does feel strange to let go of everything. We got an e-mail from friends in the US and they are wondering what they will do if the price of gas continues going up the way it is. IT does worry me too.

Today, I went to get my blood test and set up an appointment with my doctor for next week. I will also get the last of our meds to take with us in the US and Mexico.

Val has 8 days of work left.

No comments: