About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Saturday, May 30, 2015

May 25 to 31, 2015; End of another month

MAY 25 to 29; WORK WEEK
Monday was a very slow day, so slow that I took the morning off.  In the afternoon, I drove to Aldergrove to two places to pick up windows and frames then drove back to the shop and unloaded the lot.  I helped the guys loading the frames in the pick-up truck which will be delivered and installed at a job site at Westshore Terminals in Delta.  In the evening, we watched the first show of “TEXAS RISING” then it was bedtime.  Tuesday and Wednesday were shop days and I went to help Andrew installed a large mirror for a fitness hall which turned out to be the wrong side (manufacture’s mistake).  I also loaded two jobs on the truck to be delivered tomorrow.  TEXAS RISING in the evening for the second show.  Thursday, delivery day, a busy one too.  First I delivered the windows to Todd and Andrew’s job site in Sardis then I went to DELTA WESTSHORE terminals and delivered the glass to Rob and Tanner’s job site.  From here it was onward to Burnaby to pick up doors and frames, to Coquitlam APA to pick up locks and hardware then to METRIE in Langley for a door; onward to Aldergrove MESONITE to pick up more stock then back to the shop where I unloaded everything and after checking it with the paperwork, I put it all away in their rightful places.  Friday was shop day tearing down old windows and then we got ready for a great and fun BBQ.  Everyone was present except Bob who was on a job in Burnaby.  The guys at GREEN ACRES ALIGNMENT also joined us.  We did all this in our parking lot at the back of the shop.  After clean up, I finished was I had started in the morning then went home by 3 pm.  I stopped at the bank to deposit my pay cheque then picked up beer, wine and bourbon, all the necessities of life.  We went out to MR MIKE for dinner then had a quiet evening at home.

I washed both vehicles then we went to Abby where we got the address for another great lunch place named LOU’S BISTRO, a neat place and the fish tacos were delicious!  We then drove to COSTCO to buy buns, bread and pick up Val’s contact lenses.  We ended the afternoon at Rochelle & Kevin for Happy Hour.  Russ and Cathy, Doreen and Gord joined us in the fun.  We ended ordering pizza for dinner.  At home, a quiet evening and to bed early.  It was sunny and very warm all day.

MAY 31, SUNDAY; End of another great month

4 ½ months to our departure south.  At happy hour yesterday, Rochelle tried to lure in staying another year in Chilliwack.  Although the temptation was great, the call of the road is stronger!  We have a few clouds around cooling us comfortably.  Val went shopping for groceries while I worked around the Beaver fixing a couple things.  

1 comment:

Denis and Sandy Letendre said...

Sounds like you're both keeping busy for the summer. You're so funny, counting down the months until winter down south.