About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Friday, May 08, 2015

MAY 1 to 8, 2015; Kamloops and work

MAY 1, 2015, Friday; To Kamloops
I was up early and out the door by 10 am after saying goodbye to Val.  I stopped for coffee at McDonald and gas up at Shell then headed East on Hwy 1.  The ride was uneventful and I arrived in Kamloops with a half hour to spare so I had a small bite to eat at McDonald.  The appointment was on time and disappointing as he just rushed through it and had no time to seriously answer my questions.  I was out of there in 10 minutes!!!!  He wants to see me again in one month but that won’t happen!  I drove to Salmon Arm and picked up our mail at UPS then drove back to Gateway, Lee Creek where I checked things out at our site.  I went to Ed and Judy and had HH with them and Bob & Gail who came over.  I also saw Dennis and chatted with him for a while.  I went for dinner then to the motel on Jay Mtn, about 10 minute drive on Hwy 1 back towards Chase.  I was in bed by 9 pm.


MAY 2, Saturday; Clean up our site then home
I had breakfast at Jay Mtn restaurant then headed back to Gateway where I cleaned up our driveway and pad, got the bikes and loaded them but unfortunately, I didn’t have the tie downs with me so couldn’t bring the kayaks…Next time!  I stopped at George and Paulette to say hi and Donna and Marcel then drove back home to Chilliwack.  It was sunny in the morning but the drive back was cloudy and as I got to Chilliwack, the sky cleared up.  I unloaded everything then made myself dinner.  I spoke with Val this morning and all is well with her.  She missed her ferry this morning so had to wait for the 9 o’clock one which was late.  I just got a call from her saying that she is coming home tonight!  I had a funny experience early in the evening, I became cold and began shivering like crazy and couldn’t get warm enough.  I ended up in bed with full pyjama on.  I sweated it out all night.


MAY 3, Sunday; clean up
A sunny day and we spent it cleaning up and getting ready to move the Beaver to the garage tomorrow.  It was a relaxing day; I am feeling a bit better but my body is still sore and I still feel quizzy.  I was in bed early again and sweated it up some more.


MAY 4 to 8; back to the grind
First thing Monday, I took the Beaver to the garage to have the brakes checked and the suspension.  I am told that the brakes are like new and the noise might be just because it sat too long.  They are ordering new shocks (8 of them) and we will have to come back to get that put on. First day at work and I had to go to Langley, load up 76 windows and delivered them to New-Westminster.  After this job, I did a couple of little things then went home, got the MH and parked it back at its site.  Tuesday was another quiet day.  I was off by 2 pm.  I came home and fixed a couple cabinet’s doors that needed attention.  Val is working until 7 pm so I have to fend for myself for dinner.  I cooked a great hamburger at the local Pub!  Thursday was very busy; I first drove to Abbotsford to drop off some keys then drove to Burnaby to pick up doors and frames and dropped off a door in another location in Burnaby then it was onward to Delta Port where I dropped off 5 frames.  From here I went to Surrey on the new highway 17, to Langley to pick up door then to Aldergrove for another pick up and one last one at Cloverdale but they were closed by the way I got there.  Back to the office by 5 pm and home.  A long day indeed!  In bed by 9 pm.  I had a nice sleep for my last day at work Friday which saw me back in Clearboork, Burnaby and Delta Port near the BC Ferries.  Back at the shop, I unloaded what I had and loaded a load to be delivered Monday.  Another busy day and TGIF!!!!


No comments: