About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Sunday, May 24, 2015

May 19 to 24, 2015; Work and finance

MAY 19 to 22; BACK at WORK
Tuesday was a quiet day again.  I worked on taking apart old windows then loaded the bin full of aluminium and some hardware to be delivered tomorrow.  I also did a small job at a job site in Sardis and got home by 2 pm.  On Wednesday I did some travelling to Hope where I dropped off windows for Todd and Andrew then onward to Langley where I dropped off a bin full of aluminium and picked up an empty one.  I then drove to Aldergrove and Abbotsford for more pick up and back to the shop.  Our evening at home was quiet and hot.  I say that because we are getting a heatwave here and I had to put on the A/C.  Thursday, more pick-ups in Burnaby, Surrey then, after dropping off my load, I went to Hope to pick up the old windows from the job that Andrew and Todd are on.  Back at the shop, I started taking the windows apart and helped Rob and Tanner cutting aluminium sheets.  I ended with a piece of aluminium shaving in my left eye and had to go to the eye doctor to get it looked at.  Thank God it all went well.  Friday began slowly.  I finished taking the rest of the old window apart then I washed the delivery truck.  After lunch I went to a meet Tod and Bob at a job site in Chilliwack to delivered 6 windows and I helped putting them in place.  We got back to the shop, put all the tools away and I then took the truck back to the “home shop” where I unloaded a window for “stock” then went home.  I had a shower then met Rochelle, Kevin, grand-daughter Vanessa at the Bistro in Cultus Lake.  Valerie who just got back from Vernon, met us there.  She had a doctor’s appointment about the pain in her neck.  Some remedies were discussed and she will try the easy first (pain killer such as Tylenol) and the hard one later if needed (cortisone shot).

MAY 23, SATURDAY;
It is cloudy today; we had a bit of rain last night but nothing serious.  We drove to Abbotsford to finalize our payment for our Santa-Fe then we went for lunch at this neat restaurant called “BRODEUR” which served New-Orleans food and it was delicious!  Wish there was one in Chilliwack and Salmon Arm!!!  We then drove to the Mall where Val got some meds for her neck and a belt for her pants.  I also unlocked the SAMSUNG phone I bought which I had been told was unlocked.  Anyway, after this we stopped at MARK’s where I bought a new pair of work jeans to replace the one I threw out due to too many rip and tear in them.  A quiet evening at home and to bed early.


MAY 24, SUNDAY
I woke up this morning to discover that my propane tank is at ZERO so I had to switch to electricity.  Fuel is down to 1/8 of a tank so time to pack and go to the gas station.  Fuel was 1.19 for a total of over $350.  Propane was .819 for a total of $125.  WOW!  I came home and went to K&R to pick up their Weed Eater, came home and weeded around the place then I cleaned the battery post on the Jeep and check all levels in both vehicles.  We had a short HH then dinner; stew!  We watched Madam Secretary then I made my lunch and went to bed.


No comments: