About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

June 1 to 7, 2015; A new month!

JUNE 1 TO 4, 2015; Work week
I had to make a run to Burnaby first thing Monday to pick up doors then deliver them to a site in Mission.  I also made a stop in Surrey then it was back to the shop, unload the stock and one more errand then I was off by 2 pm.  I came home and cleaned out the three Fantastic fans and replace the screen with “pop-in”.  Val was called to work this morning (she was supposed to be off).  We had rain overnight into Tuesday.  It’s been a while.  A couple deliveries then I helped Bob putting together the work bench for the new truck.  Did I mention that Kevin bought a new truck?  Yep, we now have at 5 company trucks…we are growing!  Thursday was driving day!  I was in Burnaby, Coquitlam, Surrey, Aldergrove and Abbotsford then back to the shop.  I went home by 4 pm.  I was told that I have the day off tomorrow as there is nothing going on.  I hope this is not a sign of things to come!???


JUN 5, FRIDAY; Day off
It’s going to be a hot week-end!  Already at 8 am we have all the windows open.  Val worked 8 to 4 today and I took my bike to the shop for a tune-up then I worked on a couple projects around the house.  We went to “EARL’S” for dinner and that’s the last time. $83 for dinner is a bit too much!  Val did like her pasta and shrimp and my steak was very good though!  Two glasses of wine and one beer was EXTREMELY expensive!


JUNE 6, SATURDAY
The basement locker on the driver side is finally dry so I put everything back in to Val’s delight as it was piled up on the patio.  It got to +25*C today, we had the AC on from 4 pm into late in the evening to cool things down.  Isn’t it ironic that here I am complaining about the heat while I am reading a book from ALVAH SIMON, NORTH OF THE NIGHT (2006) and he’s complaining about temperature of -45*F.  He and his cat are on his boat frozen in ice in the high Artic at Latitude 75*!  We got a call from Val’s sister Kathy that they are in Salmon arm and will be here tomorrow


JUNE 7, SUNDAY

Another hot day!  We had the ACs going by noon!  We went to CDN TIRE then returned home to find that Kathy and hubby Louie had been here already but would be back later.  We sat around, relaxed, read and tried to find some breeze and shade.  K&L arrived back around 4 pm and we had HH and caught up to most of the news from back East.  Val had a roast on so we had that for dinner then we chatted some more.  They left around 9 pm but will see them again tomorrow

No comments: