About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

May 9 to 18, 2015; Work, chores at home and May long W/E


MAY 9, Saturday
We drove to Abbotsford to check out a couple things and to Costco for Val’s eye contacts.  Of course, while there we bought a couple things.  I checked out Wind, a phone company but it is only good for the big cities and once out, there is no coverage; they are known for cheaper rates.  We came home and put what we bought away then we went to R&K for HH.  Sid and Vera were also there and Rochelle served everyone dinner.  Kevin BBQ’ed steaks and they were very good and cooked to perfection.  Rochelle also had dessert, an ice cream pizza!!  We had a good time and lots of laughs.  We were home by 9 pm and in bed by 11 pm.


MAY 10, Sunday; wash day!
We had a lazy morning then I got going.  First I washed the roof on the MH then the rear and front.  I then decided to wash the Jeep then the Santa Fe and ended it all by washing the curb side and deciding to leave to driver side for another day!  I had a shower and shave, dinner and a relaxing evening.  Val was also busy washing floors and vacuuming then cooking dinner; shrimp and salad…YUM! YUM!


MAY 11 to 15; Work!
Monday turned out to be somewhat busy; the day began slowly but then some orders came in and so I found myself in Delta, Langley and Aldergrove.  We spoke to Marcel and Audrey on the phone and decided to go meet them in Osoyoos for the coming long Week-End.  Tuesday was quiet and I went home by 2 pm.  I called Monaco about a part but of course, it is obsolete so I will have to find an alternative.  Wednesday I did some work in the shop then went to Sardis to help Rob and Tanner installing doors.  At noon, I left and went to Todd and Andrew’s work site to pick up the windows taken out of the house they are working on.  I ended helping them with some small stuff and cleaning.  Thursday, being my “pick-up” day, I ended in Abbotsford, Aldergrove, Langley, Surrey and finally Burnaby where I picked up a load that had to be delivered to Mission.  I got back to Chwk by 4:20 pm and went straight to the house to park the truck and went home.  Friday consisted of run to SeaBird Island in Agassiz then back to the shop to pick up a frame and delivered that to a job site in Sardis.  I spent a couple hours working on taking apart windows then went home.  We bought a new phone, a “Galaxy S5” to replace our “I phone” which is beginning to act up.  We went out to Mr Mike’s for dinner then home to a quiet evening.  Kevin did some leg work for me on my door part and found a place where it is available so I ordered it.  I can always count on my favorite Son-in-Law!!!

MAY 16, Saturday; to Osoyoos
We left at 10:20 am and made a quick stop at McDonald for a coffee and breakfast for the road.  Hwy 1 then Hwy 3 were our route through Manning Park and onwards to Osoyoos.  We arrived at Marcel and Audrey site around 2 pm after making a stop for lunch in Keremeos.  Once at our arrival destination, we were greeted by our previous Shuswap Park boss; Donna and her boyfriend “Doc”.  We had a nice short visit with them then drove up to get together with Marcel and Audrey.  They had a gathering planned with some of the neighbours whom we all met and Marcel played live music until dinner which was Italian Spaghetti served outside.  We had a very nice time and finally got to bed by midnight.  We had rain in the evening and all night. We are staying in a fifth-wheel belonging to a neighbour two doors down and we got it for free; pretty nice


MAY 17, Sunday; Osoyoos
It was raining quite heavily when I got up this morning and finally abated by 10 am.  Aud and Marcel are in a General Owners Meeting which started at 9 am.  The rain went away by noon and the sun came out.  We headed to the club house by 4pm and listened to Marcel and Bob play the guitar and sing.  There was a BBQ consisting of hot dogs and burgers with salad and potato salad.  There were lots of conversation and topics being discussed which made it interesting.  Val danced quite a bit and some ladies performed a couple of sing-along which was fun.  We returned to Audrey and Marcel’s place around 9 pm and a bunch of couples wandered in and the party continued on till midnight/one am!!!


MAY 18, Monday; return to Chwk
Marcel cooked breakfast this morning.  I was NOT feeling very good this morning but the stomach settled down some after eating.  We left around 11 am after saying our goodbyes to everyone.  It is a good bunch of people!  We said our goodbyes to Donna as we exited the Park and hit Hwy 3 westbound.  Traffic wasn’t all that bad and we made good time.  The traffic got heavier at Hope so we stopped for a quick bite to eat then made the last few miles without any incident.  As we arrived near Chilliwack, the traffic became heavy and jammed so we took a side road to our home.  We had a GREAT Week-End but it good to be back!  Now we get ready to return to the grind one more time.


No comments: