About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March 27 to 31, 2015; Move and doctor's check up

MAR 27 to 31, Last days in our apartment and the BIG move
I spent the day at home relaxing and sleeping.  My nose is not painful but the headaches it creates are quite bad!  I used my CPAP for the first time tonight over my bandage; a bit uncomfortable but bearable.

On Thursday, I felt better and removed the bandage on a trial basis.  I still have the splints in my nose and it is quite running but very little blood. Use my CPAP again but put a single layer of cotton bandage over the nose to reduce the force of the wind from the machine.  I have it set at its lowest settings.

Friday was sunny and warm so I packed a few things today and took it to the MH at our new site COTTONWOOD MEADOWS RV Park.  The basement really needs attention…I can see and smell the beginning of mildew.

Saturday was wash day and our big moving day!  We packed everything and in the afternoon, after laundry done and showered, we took all of it to the MH and put it away.  We also made our bed as we are sleeping in the MH tonight.  I completed and send our tax forms and hopefully, there won’t be anything wrong with it.  I used “Turbo tax” for the first time and it was quite good; not too complicated but lengthy!  As a side note, I spent the afternoon in Emergency as my leads from the splint in my nose were breathed in through the nose and the one on the left actually went as far as down my throat.  But it all turned out OK and I finally got home around 5 pm.  I took Val out for dinner at “MR MIKE” just down the road and we had a very nice dinner.  We came home and had a relaxing evening.  We don’t have satellite service so a tech is coming tomorrow to check it out after I spent over an hour on the phone with a Bell Rep that barely spoke English.

Sunday was cloudy again with light showers.  I found a problem with a leak on the right kitchen slide:  the leak that I thought we had solved is back so will have to contact Cottonwood RV on Monday!  DAMN!!!!  The Bell Tech showed up by 2 pm and after a few minutes figured out that it was the trees stopping the signal from reaching the satellite and there was NO indication that it was the case.  At 5:00 pm we went over to Kay and Mary-Ellen to return our apartment keys and for a wonderful dinner consisting of Roast beef, potatoes, baked carrots and veggies and the best Yorkshire Pudding ever!  We had a very nice visit with them but had to leave so I could get my lunch ready for tomorrow.  In bed by 10 pm

Monday was back to work!  It rained in the morning but the sun did come out in the afternoon and warmed things up quite nicely.  I spent the day making deliveries in Abbotsford and Cultus Lake and picking up in Langley.  I worked a bit in the shop and finally called it quit at 4 pm.  At home, the Park Manager came over to tell us about a site that just opened (#98) so I went to check it out and it turns out it is quite nice so will try it tomorrow.  I am a bit tired from the day so I was in bed early; it’s boring without TV.

Tuesday I went to Kamloops by myself for a doctor check-up.  Val stayed home and did some shopping.  The end of another month in Chilliwack.  We moved the BEAVER to a new site, # 81 which is in the back, wider and has a wood deck.  We can also get our satellite here.  I was on the road by 10:45 am after stopping for coffee and a breakfast for the road.  I got rain in Hope and snow on the Coquihalla Hwy, heavy at times.  I got the same on the Merritt/Kamloops Pass and it followed me almost to my destination; Kamloops was overcast and cold.  My appointment went well, he pulled both splints and bridges, cleaned up the mess in there and gave me more stuff to clean and rinse my nose with.  After fuelling at Shell ($1.09) I hit the Passes again but in reverse.  I did get some snow on the First Pass but the rest of the trip was mainly cleared and the traffic was light.  I got home at 6 pm and after a short rest, we had dinner then watched our favorites programs.  Nice to have HBO back.


No comments: