About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Thursday, March 26, 2015

MArch 20 to 26, 2015; Work and operation in Kamloops

MAR 20, Friday; off for a few days.
We had to wait for GENTEK to deliver some windows so in the meantime, I worked around the shop.  Kevin and Rochelle’s new offices are now ready to be moved in.  We also had guys working on our new security system which includes cameras inside and outside the back.  GENTEK arrived and we transferred all the windows into my truck and I went to deliver them.  By then it was lunch time so took advantage of a half hour break.  In the afternoon, I worked some more in the shop and loaded the truck for deliveries on Monday.  I left around 3:30 pm, parked the truck at the “Home Shop” after delivering some lumber at Graeme’s house, put away the keys in the shop and went home.
We met Rochelle and Kevin and Hayley at OJ where we had Happy Hour and dinner.  R&K are leaving tomorrow morning for two weeks, going to Palm Spring on a holiday.  They hope to explore the area in more depth.  After saying our goodbyes, we came home and I was in bed by 10 pm


MAR 21, Saturday; packing day
After a relaxing morning, we packed a lot of stuff and took it to the MH and to Rochelle’s house for temporary storage.  Then we went to the Pub for a brew then home.  It rained most of the day but did cleared up by the late afternoon.


MAR 22 to 25, Sunday; to Kamloops and back for nasal operation
We were on the road by 10 am on Sunday and headed for Kamloops.  There was very little snow on top of the Coquihalla and it was cool when we arrived.  We went for a bite to eat at Kelly O’Brien Pub then booked in our hotel.  I was in the hospital by 7:45 am on Monday and when into the Operation Room at 11 am.  I woke up 4 hours later in the recovery room then they took me to the resting area where I spent a very uncomfortable night.  Those beds are not made for 6’1” tall people!!!  Val came for a short visit in the evening.  The next day, I was awaken at 6 am and was out by 6:45; they don’t waste time getting rid of you!  We went back to the hotel where I spent the day resting and sleeping.  Not allowed to sniff or blow my nose for a week!!!  It’s going to be hard.  We were back to our apartment in Chilliwack on Wednesday morning (3 hrs drive) and had snow falling at the summit and rain in Chilliwack.
Thursday, Val went to work and I stayed home recuperating and relaxing.  I posted some pictures on Facebook and my Picasa on line folders.



No comments: