About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Thursday, March 19, 2015

March 14 to 19, 2015; Move MH to Cottonwood RV Park

MAR 14, Saturday; Our beaver is moved
We have rain this morning; it has been a while!  We drove to the RV shop, paid our bill and drove our “Home” to Cottonwood RV Park on Luckakuck Rd near Lickman Rd!  We are set up at Site 54 until the end of the month.  I hooked up everything then found out that we have no 12 volts power going through the MH which means no hot water, heat and lighting however I was able to hook up our electric heater and left it on overnight to take the humidity down.  I also left a window open in the bedroom!  Damn!  I checked everything and all looks good so I phone Cottonwood RV Repair but of course, everyone is off today so I went to Kevin and borrowed his charger and hooked it up to the House batteries.  We had brought a load of stuff down so we put that away and went to the Pub to wet our sorrow!
Back at our apartment, we had another drink then dinner and ended the evening with some tube watching.


MAR 15, Sunday; Guests for dinner
I went back to the MH this morning to take another few things and to check out the electrical problem.  I sat there thinking where all the switches are and it dawn on me that there was one more by the stairs and VOILA, POWER!  I never use that switch but I guess one of the workers found it and switched it off!  Problem solved, we have lighting, heat and the fridge works.  Ready to move in.

We had our landlords, Mary-Ellen and Kay over for dinner and a drink.  Val served a delicious dinner consisting of Chicken, rice and a Greek salad.  It was all marvellous and we had a great time.  We were in bed early as it is back to the grind tomorrow!


MAR 16, Monday; Birthday gathering
Another good day at work!  In the evening, we went to R&K house to celebrate and early Birthday for Hayley who is turning “21”!  They grow so fast!  Anyway, everyone showed up and a good time was had by all.  The reason we celebrated early (her birthday is March 24) is that most everyone will be away that week.  Mom and Dad are going to Palm Springs, Granma Doreen and Gord are going on a trip and we are away in Kamloops for my operation.  She was spoiled again as usual


MAR 17, Tuesday;
I worked half the day in the shop and the other half at a private house helping Tod.  I came home to another great dinner and a quiet evening.  I was in bed early


MAR 18, Wednesday;
I worked on rubbering frames that will be going up to finish Rochelle and Kevin’s new office.  I also helped Tod again putting in a window.  Back at the office, we put up the frame for Rochelle’s office.  All it needs is to be glazing.  Next will be Kevin’s.
At home, we watched the tube and I was in bed by 8:30 pm.


MAR 19, Thursday; Pick-up day
A busy day; I dropped off a package in Aldergrove then onward to Langley to drop off the aluminium can and get an empty one.  From here it was to Coquitlam to APA to pick up door locks then to ACCURATE to pick up steel doors and frames.  Back to Langley to pick up at METRIE then to HINO truck dealership to have the GPS replace on the truck and have the door checked.  I wasted three hours doing nothing but the GPS in and the door NOT fix.  Back at the shop, I unloaded everything then it was time for our staff meeting.  Rochelle got pop and pizza for all of us and the meeting lasted to 6 pm.  It was a good one…the company is growing!  Val worked a full day today and she has been working every day this week!


No comments: