About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Saturday, March 14, 2015

March 7 to 13, 2015; Dinner with grand-son and Courtenay

MAR 7, Saturday;
Ahhhh, it felt so good sleeping in this morning!  We had a lazy one then finally got dressed and went to Cottonwood RV Park and we rented a spot as of March 14 but will have to move to a more permanent spot in April.  From here, we drove to Cottonwood RV where our MH is and requested to have it de-winterized and ready to go by next Saturday.  We stopped at Rochelle and Kevin’s house to pick up the last tourtiere for Jeffrey and ended spending an hour with them on the back patio.  While there, we got a call from Audrey and Marcel on “Facetime” so we could talk and see them and they got to meet R&K too.  Quite neat!!  We then stopped at the grocery store to pick up some items for tomorrow.  We went home to put everything away then went to the pub for dinner.  On the way there, we got a call that Val’s best friend past away last night so Val was quite upset which made for a quiet and quick time at the pub.


MAR 8, Sunday; Dinner with Graeme and Courtenay
I was up at 7 am; we moved our clocks one hour ahead overnight!  It was laundry and cooking day, in preparation of our guests’ arrival.  Val went out for a few minutes and I continued working on my cooking.  Our guest, grand-son Graeme and his beautiful wife Courtenay arrived around 4:30 pm and we had a nice visit then proceeded to devour our dinner, Shepperd Pie the Quebec way!  They even took some as a “Care Package” for lunch tomorrow.  It was a very nice evening indeed!


MAR 9, Monday; Back to the routine
Val got up with me and was at work at 7:30 am.  This was a rough day for me!  Not sure if it was the change in time but I was quite cranky today.  My day consisted of driving to Langley to help Rob in changing a glass on a window then drive to GENTEK to return some materials.  Back at the shop, I cleaned the shop, took some old windows apart and after lunch, I had to pick up some was remover, wash the floor in the new office area with the wax removal then brush it with a machine.  Afterwards, I had to mop it up with, what I would consider a useless mop and totally inappropriate for the job at hand.  Kevin finally came to help when I mention if he wanted me to work OT or call it quit!?  I got home at 5:30 and had a stiff drink!


MAR 10 to 12,
Not much to report except work, work and more work!  Got a call from the hospital in Kamloops reminding me about Monday call and to advise to bring my CPAP machine!  Val will call Dr Kramer next week as she wants to ask a couple question; once a nurse, always a nurse!  They figure I will be in the hospital overnight and possibly another night.  We have taken the week off!


MAR 13, Friday
Well, it came and went and we had no accidents!  It was a busy day for me around the office doing more prep work around and making a couple delivery and a pick-up in Agassiz.  After work we met Rochelle and Kevin at OJ for Happy Hour and dinner for us.  Vanessa worked at 5 pm so we got to visit.



No comments: