About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Saturday, November 08, 2014

November 1 to 7, 2014; Work and family get togethers

NOV  1 2014, Saturday; Days off
We woke to blue sky and sunshine but a cold 6*C!  Last evening, we met Rochelle and Kevin at ORIGINAL JOE where Hayley and Vanessa work and had a couple drinks and appies.  Doreen (Rochelle’s mom) and Gord also joined us and we all had a great evening.  I posted pictures on Facebook and Picasa Web and Val did laundry in the morning.  In the afternoon, we went to the Mall and ended up at the Pub for appies and a couple beers while we watched the Lions getting a beating, we left at half time.  In the evening we went to the movie theatre for the first time in a long time to see “FURY”.  It was worth it!  Came home, had a nightcap then to bed

NOV  2, Sunday;
We turned all clocks and watches one hour back this morning!  We spent the morning catching up to some of our recording on the PVR.  Jeffrey came over to do his laundry and we had a nice visit but he didn’t want to stay for dinner and left around 5 pm.  We got a call earlier Rochelle that there would be a “get-together” this evening at “Friendly Mike” restaurant.  We attended and celebrated Graeme and Courtenay soon to be wedding.  There were 17 people in attendance including all the grand-parents on Graeme’s family side.  That went on for a couple hours and was fun.  We said goodbye to everyone and wished them all a wonderful trip filled with lots of fun.

NOV  3, Monday; to work
I went back to work this morning and was given my marching orders by Kevin for the balance of the week.  I am working with Joe and we are the only two here until Thursday as Todd and Rob are in Babine Lake up north on a job.  Anyway, after some disoriented organizing, Joe and I finally got to work at the Post Office project in Abbotsford.  When we got back to the shop, everyone was gone. 
Val did more job searching and kept herself busy.  It was a very rainy day and when I got home, I had to put everything in the drier.

NOV  4, Tuesday; Work and wine
Joe and I headed back to Abbotsford to do more capping on the windows.  Joe wasn’t feeling good so we headed back to the shop by 2 pm.  I continued working by cleaning the back of the Cube Van and loaded some windows that have to be delivered tomorrow.  I was home by 3:30 pm. 
Val was busy bottling our wine and bringing that home.  We had left over for dinner then a relaxing evening.  It was cloudy in the morning and sunny breaks in the afternoon.

NOV  5, Wednesday;
This was a fairly decent day weather-wise!  We loaded the balance of the windows then Joe had to go for blood test so I went to the customer house and delivered his window.  Thank goodness there were a couple guys there to help.  I returned to the shop where I picked up Joe who had returned and went to wash the delivery truck which got back for Babine Lake last night; it was absolutely filthy from mud and road grids.  After that job, we picked up doors and delivered them to a customer in Aldergrove.  The rest of the day was spent at the Post Office.  I was home by 4:15 pm! A quiet evening at home than to bed.

NOV  6, Thursday; Transport day
I spent most of the morning doing pick-up and deliveries then went to Abbotsford to join the crew and assist them.  I did more “beauty capping” which is the final stage in the window face.  Driving home, we hit a freak wind and rain storm that lasted about 1o minutes before quitting.  Another quiet evening at home and to bed early

NOV  7, Friday; TGIF
A nice day with the sun shining through in the afternoon.  I had a delivery to make in Chehalis in Agassiz then back to Abbotsford but first, I had to pick up some stores in Surrey and Langley.  It was another nice day.  In the evening, we met Cheryl and her husband Shawn at the local BEST WESTERN Hotel for a fund raising.  We had a very nice reunion and visit and were home by 10 pm.

No comments: