About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Sunday, November 30, 2014

November 25 to 30, 2014; Work, work, work and cold spell

NOV  25, Tuesday;
7 am came early for work but I got there in time.  I had to go to a job site and pick up a frame and bring it back to the shop where we took it apart and fixed it. (It had been put together backwards).  After that I took it back to the job site then helped around the shop until I had to take some frames to Graeme at his work site and ended the day there.  Once again, a good day with more learnings for me!  It rained most of the afternoon, heavy at times.


NOV  26, Wednesday;
Cloudy and rain again!  There is a heavy rain warning in effect for later this afternoon and tonight.  It was a shop day for me and I worked part of it with Todd who is on light duty due to back injury at work a week ago.  We worked on cutting and gluing panels for the P.O. job.  He left around noon and after lunch I cleaned the shop, took some old windows apart and loaded windows destined for Abbotsford job tomorrow.  By 2:30 pm I pretty well had everything done that I could do so I signed out and came home.


NOV  27, Thursday;
Today was pick-up day!  I had to go to Abbotsford first and drop off a few glass for the doors then it on to Aldergrove to drop off some door jam that have to be redone.  From here, I went to Surrey then back to Langley to pick up doors and back again to Aldergrove to pick up the new door jams.  I ended up in Abbotsford helping Graeme and the crew.  We were back in Chilliwack by 4:30 and home by 5 pm.  A quiet evening catching up to some of our recordings then to bed early again.


NOV  28, Friday; Pay Day!
More rain, and much colder as the day progressed.  We spent the day in Abbotsford working outside and inside installing glass in the partition that have been installed by other workers.  The job is nearing its end!  We got back by 4:30 and once home, I had a quick shower and dinner.  At 7pm, we went to Rochelle and Kevin for a Happy Hour; Russ and Cathy, friends of R&K were also there.  We got home at midnight!


NOV  29, Saturday; shopping
Wow!  Did I ever have a lazy morning; I didn’t get up until 10 am!  I must have needed the sleep.  It is a very cold day, -10C this morning and sunny.  We went to town and bought a small artificial Christmas tree with lights already on and also bought some little decorations.  We stopped at FUTURE SHOP to purchase a mouse and pad for Val’s computer (my old one) then we drove to the storage and got a couple things from the motorhome including the registered tags which I return to ICBC and got a refund on the insurance.  At 4pm, we went to our pub in Sardis and had a drink and dinner then we went to the movie theatre to see “Mocking Jay, Part one”.  It was Ok but not as good as the “Hunger Games” which was the previous story.  We are looking forward to Part two!
We came home and watched some tube and I was in bed by 10 pm.


NOV  30, Sunday; GREY CUP!

I was up at a decent time this morning.  It is sunny and -5C!  I watched some of the NFL football games and at 3pm, the Grey Cup.  Calgary won but it should have been Hamilton.  Oh well!!!  Val is getting a cold and it’s getting worse.  It was an early night for me.

No comments: