About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

September 3 to 7, 2015; Labour Day Week-End

SEPT 3-4; Back to work
I spent the day on Thursday doing pick-ups in Coquitlam, Surrey and Burnaby then delivered 4 frames to Seabird Island.  Back at the shop, the stock was unloaded and checked in then it was quitting time.  Val worked too and tonight, she is gone to a Company dinner so I am fending for myself.  Pub here we come. J  Called Jeffrey to see how he’s doing…still in deep Love!!!  Friday was one delivery to Seabird then work around the shop and take some doors to the “Home Shop”.  I was off by 2 pm as we had an appointment with our Financial Adviser at 3:30 to sign some papers.  We also dropped off some required papers at “Harmony Mtg”.  I phoned the bank to get a letter stating our Loan was paid off and I found out that they had already charged me $5.83. so I fired them a nasty letter via the on-line bank as I paid the amount right after I made my monthly payment and found out the new balance.  No wonder they are in the BILLION$ in profit!!!


SEPT 5, SATURDAY; CYCLING around GRANVILLE ISLAND.
What a wonderful day this was!  Sunny and warm, we drove to Vancouver’ Granville Island where we found a parking spot and went cycling around the area.  We stopped at a jewellery where I bought Val a ring 15 years ago as she wanted it redone but unfortunately they couldn’t do it but gave her a number of someone who may be able to help!  We were in Vanier Park when I got the idea to call Jeff and hold and behold if he wasn’t moored at the Granville Hotel on the Island!!!  We cycled back to our car which was parked nearby the Hotel, put the bikes back on the rack and walked over to his boat.  He was by himself but with two other boater friends moored nearby.  We had a very nice visit with him and his friends.  They were all going out for dinner at the Hotel at 6 pm and Kim was to join them.  We left around 5 pm and drove back home.  We stopped in Abbotsford at the “SPAGHETTI FACTORY” and had a nice dinner.  Back home we ended the day by watching a movie on the tube!


SEPT 6, SUNDAY;
Back to rain this morning and cooler.  I uploaded some new pictures to my “PICASA WEB PAGE”   https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos  and updated my blog.  Val did laundry and I took down our gazebo and organized some of the lockers for our departure.  The sun did show up in the early afternoon allowing us to be out and about.  Later in the afternoon, Val went for a walk on the Vedder Trail with her friend.  We had a roast pork for dinner and it was done to perfection.


SEPT 7, MONDAY; Labour day
A day off due to the holiday!  Sunny with clouds this morning.  We went to town to get me new slippers and a few other thing.  We had lunch at our Pub then to the kids’ house to get measurement on the winter tires I am selling.  We said a quick hello to R&K and heard a bit about their trip to Whistler.  Back at our house, it was dinner then a lax evening.


No comments: