About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Sunday, September 06, 2015

September 1 & 2, 2015; Last month in Chilliwack

SEPTEMBER 1, 2015, TUESDAY; LAST FULL MONTH in CHILLIWACK!
I am off today!  We have 4 more weeks of work then our plans are to go back up to our lot in the Shuswap in early October, close the place down, return to Chwk for Thanks-Giving then south to the USA and Mexico around the 16th October providing all goes well!
Val was supposed to be off today but was called in for work.  The rain has abated this morning but came back in full force in the afternoon.  I worked around the motorhome doing a few more repair chores.


SEPT 2, WEDNESDAY; Motorhome to the shop
What a day and I have been vindicated on the A/C saga!!!  We woke up at 6 am to blue sky and we even had a nice sunrise.  We got our home to move and were at O’CONNOR RV by 8 am.  We went for breakfast in one of Chilliwack’s best restaurant for breakfast then onwards to Safeway for some shopping.  Val had to be at work by noon but we had time to get the windshield on the Santa Fe repaired.  It had two small chip that we got fixed.  Val went to work at noon and I carried on doing a few business run-around.
Here is the story of my vindication!  I went to O’Connor to get something from the BEAVER and met the Technician working on our home.  We got talking and I mentioned the front A/C.  He opened it up and said that all it needed was a switch to be turned on and he proceeded to do just that.  Hold and behold, the furnace came on the thermostat control and it worked fine!  I told him about the noise in the A/C and he suggested that I go get the new A/C from MTNVIEW and ask them if they would pay which is what I did.  I told MTNVIEW that he didn’t need to get a new control box as the one already in place was working fine.  He went on and on about his distributor misleading him.  I cut him off and made the offer from O’CONNOR which he readily accepted so I pick up the new A/C and went back to O’CONNOR.  When I got there, the Tech had already opened up the A/C and found that the wires had been shoved above the control box and were squeezing the cooler and that was what made the vibration and noise.  It is now working fine and MTNVIEW is out $200 for the repairs and stuck with a new A/C.  I am sure he won’t have a hard time to sell it!  And they (Don the owner and Ted is top Tech) claimed to have 30 years’ service between them!?  I think he needs to learn to listen to his customer more and sent that Ted back to school.  I also believe that they had no clue what they were doing when they changed that A/C back in early July.  Two months wasted and full of frustration for nothing but I feel vindicated!



No comments: