About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Monday, July 20, 2015

July 13 to 19, 2015; Work and relaxing week-end

JULY 13 to 17; Work week
A busy week with lots of work, deliveries and pick-ups.  The day would start slow then pick up and go crazy which was OK by which meant more work.  Graeme and Courtenay got a new dog named MANNY; a Whippet puppy and so cute, Graeme’s been bringing him to work every day so everyone gets to play with him.  He is the Star for this week.  Still no action on our A/C repair.  The “boss” is on holiday and the other guy is giving me the round-around.  I am so fed up with this outfit!  Friday, we went to “MAJOR LEAGUE Pub” for dinner.  It was very busy and loud; I think I prefer MR MIKE!

I spent the morning removing caulking from the bathroom and Val did the laundry.  After showering and brunch, I showered and caught up to the blog while Val went grocery shopping.  We had HH with R&K along with Russ and Cathy.  Came home, had a light dinner then watched more of our recordings.  It was a hot day again with the A/C working overtime!

Val made breakfast this morning then, after clean-up, we took a drive to Chilliwack Lake.  I hadn’t been there since the early 90’s and what a change.  The sub-division is quite busy, the Provincial Park has been improved on and they now have Park Operators and it was BUSY!!!  The small beach was full.  We walked around a bit then I wanted to drive to the end of the lake and see that place as I used to take groups of youths there to cut drift wood and clean up the area in general back in the 80’s.  The road is no longer maintained so there was a lot of pot holes.  I was amazed at the amount of cars and trucks parked along the way.  People will do anything of a little piece of quietness!  When we got to the end, there was a locked gate so we couldn’t drive to the lake; that meant walking for a good half mile and since it was hot, we decided against but instead, found a small creek where we sat and had our snack that we had brought.  We drove back to town and stopped at McD for ice cream before heading for home and dinner.  A good day overall!  It was a really HOT day again today!

No comments: