About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

June 8 to 15, 2015; Doctors appiontment and surprise visitors

JUNE 8 to 11; A week full of surprise
On Monday, I had to go to Burnaby to pick up some frames then back at the shop, Bob and I cut and rubber pressure plates, “beauty” caps, and rails for a job coming up.  I also re-screen the screen door to the motor-home, it was overdue, full of holes.  I was home by 4:30 pm. Kathy and Louie soon arrived and after a HH we all went to BOSTON PIZZA for a pasta dinner.  Afterwards, we came home and sat around until 10 pm when they left after saying goodbye; they are headed for Vancouver Island then to Osoyoos to visit Audrey and Marcel.  I had invited Rochelle and Kevin to join us but I got a call that they were just too tired and excused themselves.  I also learned that I would not be working tomorrow!!!  Tuesday, being a day off, I caught up to my banking then went to an RV shop to get some locks for the drawers and eventually found some at Home Depot!  I cooked fish and chips for dinner and Val made the salad.  Wednesday was back to work and it was a fairly busy day.  Thursday was “pick-up” day and I went to Aldergrove, Langley, Surrey and Burnaby and ended the day by picking up old windows from Andrew’s job site.  I was home by 5:30 pm.  It was a full day!  Val worked today from 11 to 4 pm.  She made pasta and shrimp for dinner.

JUNE 12, FRIDAY; to Kamloops and Salmon Arm
We left CHWK at 7:45 am and drove to Merritt before stopping for breakfast at “HOME Restaurant”.  After a nice breakfast (their food are always superb) we carried on to Kamloops where I had a specialist appointment for a follow-up on my nose operation.  Afterwards, we carried on Salmon Arm but first made a stop in Sorrento to renew our meds.  In S.A., we picked up our mail then we both went to our regular doctor’s appointment for our medical check-up.  Once that was completed, we went to our place in Gateway, Lee Creek and as we drove in, the whole gang was standing on the road chatting so we joined them and ended having a HH on the street.  Another fun evening!  We drove back to Chase where we had rented a room on the way up to Sorrento and spent a comfortable evening and night.  We ate both dinner and breakfast at the restaurant attached to the motel which is under new management and the food was good although the menu wasn’t elaborate.

JUNE 13, SATURDAY; back to Gateway then Chilliwack
After showering, packing our luggage back into the jeep and a hearty breakfast, we drove back to Gateway where we loaded our kayaks then proceeded to weed and clean our site.  Donna and Marcel had us over for lunch (quesadilla and salad) then it was back to more weeding and cleaning.  We called it quit around 2:30 pm, visiting with Theresa and Ron and met his aunt; then down to Marcel and Donna to say goodbye, next came Ed and Judy and a surprise visit of old acquaintance from our trip to the Baja, Sharon and   . We had a quick there then as we were leaving, Bob and Gail drove by so we said our adieu to them too.  We stopped at George and Paulette to say goodbye then finally to Heather and Dan as Val wanted to hire Heather to keep up on the weeding on the site while we are away.  FINALLY, we hit the road by 5 pm.  It was sunny when we left and we had the same all the way home to Chilliwack.  We stopped in Merritt for dinner and home by 9 pm.  Unpack, relax for a bit and to bed.  It was a long day!!!

JUNE 14, SUNDAY; BBQ with the kids
Yesterday, we texted Rochelle & Kevin and Hayley and invited them over for a BBQ at our place.  Unfortunately Hayley is working so just mom and dad came.  We also had a surprise visit:  Kathy and Louie showed up around 4 pm but didn’t stay for dinner however they come back later.  We had a very nice BBQ with R&K; shiskabob (sp?) beef and vegetable and pineapple with small potatoes and wine.  It was delicious and there was very few left over.  We had a very nice visit with everyone but all good things, it had to end at one point.  It was sunny and very warm but in the shade, it was very pleasant.
Earlier in the morning I had a stupid accident that caused a real mess.  I dumped the tanks, flushed them then walked away leaving the water turned on.  It overflowed and created a disaster.  We finally got it clean in time not to ruin our dinner.  I guess after 15 years, it was bound to happen!!!?  Lesson learned!

JUNE 15, MONDAY; day off

Another sunny and hot day.  Val worked 8 to 4 pm today and I was given the day off as there is no work.  I cleaned the dishes from yesterday then I went to town to pick up my cheque and my bike which was in for a tune-up.  It was a quiet day.

No comments: