About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Monday, June 22, 2015

June 16 to 21, 2015; work, new purchases and Father's Day

JUNE 16 to 19; Work
I spent the day Tuesday washing the driveway at the “Home Shop”.  Kevin wanted to put a coat of sealant on it and he had a 5 gallon pale of the stuff.  On Wednesday, Tanner and I went back to the “Home Shop” and began putting the sealant on.  We soon realized the stuff we were putting on wasn’t the right stuff and after investigating, we found out it was sealant for blacktop driveway.  So back to the store to buy XYLENE, sprayed it on then pressure washed the whole thing off.  Back at the shop, I took apart the old windows left in the shop and went home by 4 pm.  Thursday, I went for my usual pick-ups which lasted all morning.  After lunch, I went back to the house and after buying the right stuff this time, began spraying it on.  Kevin was there to help.  We finished the driveway, parking area and part of the patio.  Friday was only a half day.  I was home by 12:30 after stripping old window frames and cleaning the delivery truck. The jeep’s battery has been acting up the last two, three days so I went to CDN TIRE and got a new one.  I also stopped at the shop that is doing the repair on the A/C and gave them the go ahead.  We will be putting that on our Extended Warranty!


JUNE 20, SATURDAY; New mattress
We went to Costco in Abbotsford after a lazy morning.  On the way there, we saw a store “Mattress Shop” that had a sale on for mattress so we stopped to take a look and ended by buying one which met our needs and finances so we bought it!  It will be delivered next Saturday.  We continued to Costco, got a few needed items then went home to put the meat in the freezer.  At 3:30 pm we went over to Rochelle and Kevin for Happy Hour.  Russ and Cathy showed up and also Ron and Babe with friends of theirs whom they met in Palm Spring and live near ChilliwackRochelle had lots of food as usual and good time was had by all.  We got home at 7:30 and proceeded to relax


JUNE 21, SUNDAY; Father’s Day!
Another lazy, relaxing morning then Val did the laundry and I did a couple of small jobs around the Beaver including dumping the tanks; carefully this time!!!  I went to MARK’s to check their sale for Father’s Day and I found their prices just too high.  I took back shoes that I bought at COSTCO and got a new pair that fitted better.  I got calls from both my daughter and my son wishing me a Happy Father’s Day.  We were in bed early in anticipation of the coming work week.


No comments: