About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

February 11 to 14, 2014; Cabo to Loreto, Baja Sur

FEB  11, Tuesday; Our last day in Los Cabos.
15*C @ 7 am; 30* C in pm

I called Rochelle last night but there was no answer; I found out why this morning.  They are in Palm Springs visiting Kevin’s parents who are spending the winter there.

 It was another hot day and light winds.  We went to the beach where we saw quite a few whales jumping in the not too distant.  In the afternoon, when we got back, we packed the rest of our stuff including the bikes and the kayaks and after filling the water tank, I unhooked the water system and put that away.  HH was at our place as we had lots of shade and a nice breeze flowing by. 

For dinner, I BBQ’ed the last of our steaks and lobsters.  Val made a salad to go along with it all.  I heard back from Loreto and we can now move there on the 13th instead of the 14th which is great.  I wasn’t looking forward to spending two more night in La Paz.

FEB  12, Wednesday; To La Paz
15* at 6 am; 32* in pm

For some reason I was awake at 5 am and couldn’t go back to sleep so I got up.  We had a lot of dew this morning so I had to wipe the windshield.  For some reasons, the main slide on the driver side wouldn’t go in.  Upon a closer inspection I noticed a bulge on the top side where the lock is situated; for some reason, unknown to this writing, it was crooked and I had to bang it back enough to get the slide to go in.  We left the Park at 9:45 am after saying goodbye to our neighbours and headed west on Hwy 1 then north on Hwy 19.  I stopped for fuel and put in 220 liters then continued north until I met up with our two chicklets.  Another mishap was the screw on the window sun visor on my side came undone!? (I got that fix in no time in La Paz). 

Hwy 19 is 4 lanes all the way north except for the by-pass at Todos Santos and the connection back to Hwy 1 just before La Paz.  We had a hot and sunny day and no problems except for taking the wrong turn in La Paz and getting disoriented for a bit but soon found our way back on Hwy 1 and arrived at our campground unscathed.  We paid $25 for the night then drove to the Malecon and had lunch then walked around for a bit.  We are staying at Camp Maranatha once again.  We had HH and a guy walked by and began chatting with us for a while.  We called it quit at 6:30 pm; it is just getting dark now and we have an almost full moon.  Tomorrow will be a long day…347 KM to Loreto!

We drove 108 miles in 2 hrs and 25 minutes @ an average 69KM/HR.
N   24* 05.861’
W 110* 23.195’
Alt: 6 feet

FEB  13, Thursday; To Loreto, Baja Sur, Mexico
13*C @ 7 am; 32*C in pm

We left at 8:40am after I got us a coffee from the little restaurant on the grounds.  It was STRONG!!  The drive to CD Constitucion and to CD INSURGENCE where we had lunch was uneventful except for this place where we saw this guy standing in the middle of nowhere, on the road and doing all kinds of body gesture; he had to be mentally challenge!?  Traffic had to go around him as he was standing on the road, very strange!  Traffic was light and we made good time, we had two breaks for bathroom.  After lunch which was almost a half hour break long, we went on.  Eventually, we got to the GIGANTE MTNS and down the pass to the Sea of Cortez.  This has to be the most beautiful part of the trip, as far as I am concerned!  The drive down is full of curves, slow with many switchbacks and absolutely breathtaking as far as the scenery is concerned.  Our pictures don’t do it justice.
We finally arrived at LORETO SHORE HOTEL AND RV PARK by 2:40 pm and set up.  Afterwards we sat and relax and had a nice HH.  Everyone is getting much more comfortable with the roads now.

We drove 214 miles in 5 hrs @ an average 70KM/HR
N   25* 59.958’
W 111* 20.823’t                                                                                                          
Alt: 21 feet

14*C @ 7 am; upper 25*C in pm and light winds

We went into town today and looked around.  First, though, we went to a neat little Steak House we saw on the way in and made reservation for tonight then we went and found the second RV Park here which is situated within walking distance to the Malecon and the town Center.  We drove on the Malecon and found a restaurant to have lunch then we walked the Historic Town Square and the side streets.  This is a very beautiful town, incorporated in 1697 and the longest populated town in the Baja.  We also visited the Mayor’s Building and the beautiful Cathedral.  We took lots of pictures.  Val found and bought a toe ring then we stopped for a beer and I had to have a pulled pork taco.  We walked back to our vehicles and we, Val and I, went to the LEY for some groceries and beer & wine.  I also stopped at the bank to get some cash as the restaurant we are going to tonight, doesn’t take credit cards. 
At 6pm, we drove to the Steak House and had a great dinner consisting of, for me, a Porter House steak, baked potato, salad and a clam chowder soup to start with.  Val had pasta!  Everyone was pleased with their dinner and the service was great and the ambiance, very romantic.  Our bill was less than $50 Cdn including the tip, wine and margarita!  We went into the town Square afterwards but there wasn’t much happening so we came home and had a nightcap.  Around 9 pm, loud music was heard from the neighborhood which was quite loud; it lasted until past my bedtime

No comments: