About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Saturday, April 27, 2013

April 24 to 27, 2013: Organizing, sorting and buying new vehicle

APR  24, Wednesday, Lee Creek
It was cloudy when we got up and the sun did come out but not for long.  Last evening, I sent an e-mail to Monaco to get a “Letter of no recall confirmation” and got that this morning and it was FREE not like FORD!!!  I sent that over to RIV.CA and this evening, I got my inspection form to take to “Canadian Tire”.  We bought into RPI, a camping program and so I sent all the paperwork on that today.  I installed the new battery in the car and got it started and brought it to our lot; the brakes were stuck as I had left the handbrake on but they did come loose.   George offered his car so that we could go into town and get the insurance for it.  That’s done and we now have wheels!  For some reason I’ve been having problems with my inverter and the power going out.  Jeff and Dennis came over and I am not sure what exactly they did, but it is now working.  We sorted out more stuff inside and out in the “basement” so that slowly but surely, things are looking more and more normal.  I hope to have the TV working on the satellite soon.  Val is getting used to the “convection/microwave” and made another successful meal.

 
APR  25, Thursday,
This was a busy day!  First thing this morning, I took Tucker for his walk then started on sorting out more stuff from the motorhome.  I just can’t believe the amount of stuff we had in the trailer.  I then got Val’s car working as it wouldn’t start this morning.  I think the battery probably needs a longer charging period.  We drove to Sorrento where I surrendered the plates for the trailer and got a refund, I bought a temporary permit ($23.) for Monday as we have to take the MH to Cdn Tire for its Provincial inspection.  Once that is done, we will be able to put full insurance and plates on it.  George came over and looked at my system and we both determined that the battery needs replacing as they are not holding their charge.  I called TROJAN in Vancouver and ordered four new ones.  They should be here Monday or Tuesday.  I also called a couple in Kamloops who have a Honda CR-V for sale equipped for towing, he wasn’t home but his wife said he’ll call me tomorrow.  I also hooked up the washer and dryer and Val did a couple load of laundry.   At 4 PM we called it quit and had a quiet HH.  In the evening, Tucker got a bath.

 
APR  26, Friday,
 A cloudy day and cooler too!  I went to Sorrento first thing to pick up an air filter for the motor home and returned home only to find out it was the wrong size so back to Sorrento, they have another one on order.  I came home and washed the bugs off front of the MH then washed Val’s car.  I got a call from this guy in Kamloops who has a CR-V Honda for sale and we made arrangements to meet tomorrow between 1 an 2 PM.  George came over and tested the whole system and couldn’t find anything wrong; we will see how it is after I get my new batteries on Tuesday.  We went over to Ed and Judy for HH.  Lots of our friends were there which made it a big family reunion.  Tucker is not too happy because he can’t come; too bad kiddo, you have to learn you are a dog and not a person!!!

 
APR  27, Saturday, to Kamloops
After our morning routine, we drove to Kamloops.  As we arrived in the outskirt of town and stopped for a “Horton coffee”, the car began acting up as if the battery was dead, weak or whatever.  Long story short, we had to call BCAA and have the car taken to a young man in North Kamloops who had a 2002 Jeep Liberty for sale ( we were on our way to see him) and happened to be a mechanic.  He diagnosed the car and found it needed an alternator which was I had already suspected.  He ordered one and after road testing the jeep, we bought it.  We left the car there for him to fix at no cost to us except the alternator.  He wanted cash for the sale so we all drove to the Bank where I got cash and gave it to him in exchange for the papers.  As we were about to leave, the Jeep refused to start so back to his place where he replace the battery and the terminals and all was well once again.  (We seem to be cursed with electrical problems lately!!???)  We drove to BCAA and got our insurance and plates.  We are now owners of a 2002 Jeep Liberty, grey colour.  We went to Costco where we bought an outdoor mat for the RV and a bag of Ciabata buns.  We then went to Walmart and replaced the coffee maker which had once again quit on us; this time I bought a SUNBEAM.  Then it was down to South Thompson RV to pick up some bulbs and fluorescent light bulbs.  We came home and had dinner; Sheppard pie which Val made yesterday but we never got to eat.  I am presently listening to BLUES music, wonderbar!!!

No comments: