About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

April 15 to 17; Boise, Idaho to Moses Lake, Washington

APR  15, Monday, phone calls and laundry
We had breakfast with the Holder’s ( Linda had made delicious muffins) then showered before the rest of the gang arrived.  It is a beautiful sunny day but cold.  Long pants and jackets are in order!  With Sonny and Manfred’s help, I finally figured out how the furnace works; it is water-hydro system that heats  the place on coils of hot water.  Quite efficient once we had it figured out.  It works on an electric/diesel water heater.  Anyway, everyone went shopping so we took the dogs (Ruby and Tucker) for a walk.  I made some phone calls to McMahon only to find out that the paper work will take at least 10 days to arrive in Washington where we will be for the next few days.  We were really disappointed to hear that and no amount of begging or cajoling would make a difference.  We’ve been misled and lied to by the finance manager who should have known better!!!  I also called our broker in Canada to get extended warranty on the rig (3 years/20 000miles).
Steve and Linda got back and took us to Walmart to exchange our new coffee maker that quit on us.  We also went to a B&D Store that sold anything about homes, clothing and hardware.  We came back to the house and Manfred & Judy, Sonny & Arlene also arrived shortly after.  We all went out to a local Pub and had dinner, Mike and Stephanie joined us there.  We had a nice time then it was time to say goodbye to everyone as we won’t see them now until next winter.  We came home, watched a movie and I promptly fell asleep.  We all went to bed by 10:30 PM.

 
APR  16, Tuesday, to Moses Lake, Wash.
We were up at 7 AM, showered and it was our turn to say goodbye ‘till next winter.  We left around 9 AM and drove to I-84 then West.  We had a head wind all the way.  We stopped in Stanfield, Oregon to fill up @ $3.89 then continued on.  As we went over the Deadman’s Pass, west of La Grande, we had snow falling but it didn’t last and didn’t stick to the road.  We turned off I-84 onto 395 and stopped in Hermiston at a Walmart where we got some groceries and a new battery for Val’s car.  We continued on 395 to Hwy 17 and finally arrived in Moses Lake at 6:15 PM.  We are at Pier 4 RV Resort, a ROD park for us which means FREE.  We are here for 2 weeks and hopefully, our papers will arrived in a timely manner.  I filled up at a garage near here @ $4.09.  We are all set up and had dinner, now we are relaxing from a long day.  I sent an e-mail to McMahon Corporate office to ask them to speed up the process, not that I am holding my breath over it but every little bit helps.

We drove 376 miles in 7.5 hrs at an average 51 MPH.
N  47* 06.138
W 119* 19.704
ALT: 1032 Feet

 
APR  17, Wednesday, Moses Lake
Well, here we are for two weeks; at least it is sunny!  We spent the day emptying and organizing boxes and closet.  We did take a moment to rent a car in town for the time we will be here; they picked us up and the rate was very reasonable even cheaper than others I called. I had to pay an extra amount for using 50 amps at the Park.  So far everything appears to be working fine in the MH including the water heater and furnace.  I had to make a bunch of phone calls because of a screw up with Visa.  They cancelled my card even though I have been using it for two years with no problems; it had to do with the expiry date.  I argued as best as I could to no avail, it was like talking to a deaf person!!!  I was and still am really peed-off.  I did get some good news from McMahon who finally responded to my appeals.  She said that the documents should be in the mail soon.  We have cable TV which was also extra, of course and we watched “Survivors” in the evening.

No comments: