About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Sunday, April 21, 2013

April 18 to 21, 2013; Moses Lakes Washington

APR  18, Thursday, Moses Lake
Sunny with some clouds; a few neighbours have left so the place really looks empty.  After breakfast and showers, we went to town to pick up some groceries.  We stopped at Lowe and a few other stores looking for slip proof for the shower and finally found some at “ACE” Hardware store.  We also ended up buying a new printer, a wireless one so have to read on that too.  We went to a Burger and Beer pub/restaurant and had lunch then came home.  I had to go back to STAPLES to return the printer as it didn’t work so got a new one.  I finally got it working and printed some documents I needed.  We also got an e-mail form McMahon RV that our documents have been faxed to the border and we should be getting our documents sometime tomorrow.  Sure happy about that as it means we won’t have to stay as long as we anticipated!!!  We had dinner then watched the tube.

 
APR  19, Friday,
We woke up to rain this morning, how strange to see, hear and smell rain from the Northwest; it’s been a long time!  This morning, as I was in the restroom, I fell drops of water on my head and discovered that the vent above is leaking on one side.  Since I can’t find all my stuff in the lockers below, I called a Service Man to come out and fix it but I ended up fixing it myself, I borrowed caulking from someone in the Park and hopefully, it will hold until I get home.  I’ll have to make sure I re-caulked all the joints on the roof too once home as they all are dry, cracked and old.  I don’t think it’s ever been replaced.  While at it, I washed the windshield and added engine oil, what a job that was!  Val did a load of laundry, she tried the washing machine in the rig and no water is coming in (yes we checked the taps on the back).  Another item for home!
It is 6:40 PM and our documents have just been DELIVERED, at our door step no less.  This means we are legal to go home.  Now I can finally relax!

 
APR  20, Saturday
They have caught the Boston terrorists or at least one of them, the other was shot dead!  Those are good news although the National and Local media have been a little overwhelming here on the coverage.  Anyway, after breakfast and showers, we went for a drive around town, looked at SUV (NO we didn’t buy) for price comparison and found an RV repair and spare parts but no luck with the cover for the bathroom magic fan.  We had lunch at a local restaurant then we went to visit a local winery and ended buying a bottle of “cabernet sauvignon” then came home.  After a relaxing couple hours, we had dinner then watched “VEGAS”.  It was sunny with a cool wind today.

 
APR  21, Sunday,
Sunny!  Last day in Moses Lake and hopefully the USA as we hope to be in Canada by tomorrow!  We spent the day familiarizing ourselves with the rig and reading instructions and watching the tube.  We went into town to drop off some clothes then came home and cooked dinner, Val made a meat loaf cooked in the convection oven and it was very good.  We watched the “Good Wife” and “Amazing Race” in the evening.

No comments: