About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Friday, November 30, 2012

November 29 & 30, 2012; Move to new Resort in Weslaco, TX

NOV  29, Thursday; Move to Weslaco, TX
After loading all our toys and emptying the tanks (took us about an hour), we left Casa del Sol by 10:20 am and were at SNOW to SUN RV RESORT on International Road at site 149 by 10:45 am.  This has to be the shortest drive ever!!??  We are now in WESLACO, a town next to DONNA.  After setting up and paid for three months at an average $363 per month, we had lunch and relaxed.  We met a couple of our neighbours then before we knew it, it was dinner time.  It is a warm day and we actually had rain in the evening...only lasted about 10 minutes.  I called RBC again today to find out about the close-out papers in our loan; they sure are dragging their butt on that one; it’s like pulling teeth but I need those papers to cancel our life insurance and get a refund.  We also got a package as we arrived; a replacement for my VERIZON JET PACK WIRELESS.  The old one had been acting up.

We travelled a whole 10 miles in 16 minutes
N   26* 10.714
W 097* 57.624
Alt: 50 ft

 
NOV  30, Friday, Last day of another month
Well, November ends with a beautiful sunshine and very warm; 82*F.  Val went for exercises at the club and while I did my thing on the computer, I watched dozens of people power-walking along the back road.  A lot more activities here, for sure!  In the other Park, their idea of exercises was driving around in their golf cart both in the morning and early evening!!!  Anyway, I don’t want to give it a bad rap as it was a good Park but not for us.
We went to the OUTLETS in Mercedes where we bought a new pair of runners for me and Val, IZOD golf shirts for me and Val at 70% off.  After spending all our money, we went to the Post Office to mail my old Verizon Wireless at their cost and pick up a box to mail the Rand GPS back to Camping world.  We headed south to Mexico and took some pictures and checked on my glasses only to find him not present.  That S.O.B, owes me $20. and for me it’s a matter of principle that he won’t get away with it.  After having lunch down in Progresso, we went to “THE BOOT” store to pick up a Geo-Cache but the guy didn’t know what I was talking about.  We walked back across and drove home but first stopped for a Geo-Cache that we had searched for yesterday but found it today.  At home, we joined our neighbours AL & Judy from Manitoba, Eddy & Joanne from Missouri and Ontarian Jack & Pat; a very nice and fun group and I am sure we will have lots of fun.  For dinner, we had BBQ spare ribs

No comments: