About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Thursday, November 29, 2012

November 24 to 28, 2012; Donna, Texas

NOV  24, Saturday, Donna, Texas
Man, did it pour last night and strong winds too, it blew the bikes and the satellite dish over onto the ground.  It went on for a good 2-3 hours and finally settled a bit to just a drizzle.  I have to admit the rain was good as this area really needs water.  This morning, the sky has dark clouds but no rain yet!  We went to the Open Market, where everything under the sun is sold including some RV stuff.  Val bought some vegetables and I bought nails with ring to tie down the carpets.  From here, we went to Radio shack to pick up a new satellite cable as one of them was damaged with the storm last night.  We then went to the OUTLETS in Mercedes but it was so full of cars, I really didn’t want to go in there so we came home and enjoyed the rest of the day.  For dinner, I BBQ’ed steaks and a lobster tail we bought at Costco yesterday.  It was delicious.

 
NOV  25, Sunday, Grey Cup
The day began overcast but the sun did come out later in the morning!  It was sunny and hot for the rest of the day.  How about them Argos, hey!????  What a game!  Too bad Calgary didn’t get it but the best won and that’s that.

 
NOV  26, Monday, back to Mexico
After walking Tucker, we went back to Nuevo Progresso to the Optical shop where I found out the guy wasn’t there and when the girl phoned him, he told mayana!!!  We went to the dentist where Val had her teeth checked and then I took an exam for a new top plate.  He advised me to have two teeth removed at the lower back and after some soul searching (I am sooooo afraid of extractions, seriously), I decided to go ahead so we made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon.  We came home after having a couple of free cerveza and stopped for some groceries.  We had a very warm evening tonight so we sat outside for a while.

 
NOV  27, Tuesday, Dentist again
I took the truck back to JOE’s REPAIR SHOP to stop the alarm ringing as soon as the door opens which he hooked up wrong in the first place.  He drove me home and I helped Val transporting the laundry to the laundry room.  We got the truck back about an hour later, I think he just disconnected a fuse!???  Anyway, we got the wash done, I brushed my teeth and we went back to Mexico.  I came home with two less teeth and still no prescription glasses; this guy always a reason for not having the right color on the glass.  I gave him until Friday then that’s it!  The dentist was superb.  Anyone going to Nuevo Progresso, I strongly recommend DR Ruben Pena at Pena Reyna Dental Care.  They are just across the bridge, across the street where there is a small plaza and the best Pina Colada and Margaritas.  I paid $381 for a new denture and two extractions, can you believe it!?  Considering I paid $225 for one extraction in Quebec, this is a REAL BARGAIN!!!
We came home and got another parcel in the mail...my new Rand RV GPS, an early X-mas present!  Because of new extractions, I was limited in soft food so we had Craft Dinner for dinner, not the best but good enough for me.  I swallowed a couple of Advils and another Anti-Biotic pill.  This was a stressful day for me (dentist do that to me) so didn’t much in the evening.  Tomorrow is a new day!

 
NOV  28, Wednesday,
Sunny and a balmy 75*F!  The Texans call this cold here in the Valley but for us, it’s just perfect.  We went to Costco in McAllen and bought a new updated Garmin Nuvi.  I decided, after trying it out in the truck, to return the Magellan as it is too big and cumbersome and much too complicated.  It has a 7” screen compared to 5” with the Garmin.  After this, we went for lunch at Red Robin then drove back to Donna and chased a few geo-caches.  We found one out of 6; not our best day!  We watched  “Survivors” after dinner.

No comments: