About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Thursday, December 06, 2012

December 1 to 5, 2012; Weslaco, Texas

December  1, Saturday, Weslaco, TX
Another hot and humid day!  We had a relaxing morning, walked the park as they had a yard sale and flea market in the club house; had a sandwich while there then I walked home but Val stayed a little longer.  After lunch we went to Walmart for some groceries then went looking for a Pub.  We drove almost to La Feria and finally found one just across the Highway where we turn off to go home.  It was call Roadside House Bar & Grill, a neat place with live music as of 4 PM and food after 3 PM.  We came home, unloaded the groceries and relaxed outside before dinner. We were entertained by our neighbour across the street; she was singing and playing guitar, very good too!
This Park has a lot to offer; Happy Hour every afternoon with live music on certain days, dancing with live music every Saturday nights, friendly staff and guests, lunch and breakfast almost every day at a reasonable price, grass throughout and paved roads, a huge hall with pool, hot tub, library, sewing room, craft room and more.  The longer one stays, the cheaper it becomes...Totonaka should learn from this!  However there are not many trees for shade and being the Rio Grande Valley, it is windy most days, very warm and humid (80-85*F).  It is close to the Mexican border, shopping galore and grocery stores.  McAllen is only 15 minutes away to the West and Brownsville and Padre Island about an hour to the East.  We would come back here.

 
DEC  2, Sunday,
We were up early, 70*F at 8 AM.  Val did the laundry and I walked Tucker then puttered around BEAR and site.  I fell asleep while reading which was Ok by me.  Val spent some time at the club house doing jigsaw puzzles.  Allan and Judy came over for a drink at HH.  For dinner, Val made pasta with shrimps I bought the other day.  A quiet evening at home watching the tube

 
DEC  3, Monday,
Val went for exercises and then line dancing lessons.  I walked Tucker then read and fell asleep again.  It was quite windy today and kept things cooler somewhat; it is 84*F!  At 4 pm, I went to the club house to find Val and we ended up staying in the hall where HH was happening and live music was being played.  We came home, BBQ’ed ribs and sat outside for a while.

 
DEC  4, Tuesday, back to Nuevo Progresso
Val was up at 7 to attend a walk around the park with a bunch of other women.  I walked Tucker then drove to the dentist in Progresso where I had an adjustment done.  While there, I checked on my famous glasses and of course, he wasn’t there!!!!  I think I can kiss that $20 goodbye.  I walked to the police station to make a complaint but no one was there.  As a matter of fact the place was wide open.  I definitely would not want to spend a night in one of their cells, they were very dirty.  I came home and had a haircut then took the truck to GOODYEAR to have a wheel alignment done.  Today is really warm; 85*F and NO wind to speak of, I don’t do well in this heat.

 
DEC  5, Wednesday, Weslaco
Boy, did we get a rain storm overnight!!!  Strong wind that forced me to put the awning up, heavy rain, lighting and thunder; we had it all.  It lasted about 15-20 minutes max and ended just as suddenly as it started.  A cold front came through at the same time and it is much cooler this morning; 64*F and everything is soaked out there and it DIDN’T blow the satellite over which means I tied it down good.
Val went for her exercises first thing this morning and I went for my walk with Tucker.  In the afternoon, we went to the town of Mission, west of here, where we stayed the first time we came here.  It has grown a lot and quite a few changes.  We thought we knew where friends we met here lived but it turned out we couldn’t find it so we came home.  On the way back, we stopped at TARGET as Val wanted and bought an I-Pod Nano so that she could listen to music while exercising and doing her Tai-Chi.  When we got home, I found out it didn’t work so will have to take it back for an exchange. Today was a pleasant and comfortable day with temperature reaching 79*F.

No comments: