About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

August 16 to 19, 2009, Quantum saga

AUG 16, Sunday, Gateway
We spent the day packing our stuff for the next 3 days and putting everything away. Tomorrow, “Q” is going to the garage to get the main slide roof fixed. We took our stuff three doors down to Marcel and Donna’s trailer. They have generously offered the use of their trailer while ours is in the garage.
Val made a big beef stew for dinner with lots of left over for tomorrow night. We are watching a new series call “SHIELD” about a corrupt cop. So far, it’s pretty good.


AUG. 17, Monday, to Salmon Arm for repairs on the Quantum
I got up with at 6:30 and took more stuff to our new “home” then dumped the tanks, hooked up “Q” and left for Country Camping to get the slide roof fix.
I came back home an hour later and took the garbage out then took our empties to the recycling depot.
On my return, I stopped at Gateway office only to find out the workers are gone for a few days to Vernon to another project. What a disappointment. I had made arrangement two weeks ago about this but as usual, plans with these guys are not to be trusted. They were to fill the back of our lot while the rig was gone!! DAMN!!! It will be done but when...anyone’s guess and will mean moving the rig again, not that’s a big deal but it is a hassle!
We had our first dinner in our “temporary house”...left-over stew, then we watched another episode of “SHIELD” It was a really warm evening.


AUG 18, Tuesday, Gateway
Cloudy periods today but very warm; 73*F by 10 a.m. and the forecast is for 80-85*F by the afternoon. I went to Chase and picked up more sachets for the sewer tank, enough to last until next spring.
I washed the pad and raked the leafs while the rig is out of there and I brought our fan back to Marcel and Donna’s trailer as they have none. In the afternoon, I got a call from Country Camping asking me about the brakes and while on the phone I asked about the slide only to find out that they hadn’t started on it yet and upon further conversation, found out that the parts were not even in yet. To say I was fuming is putting it mildly. I told them to stop all work and that I would be in tomorrow


AUG. 19, Wednesday, the Quantum saga continues
I got up early and drove to Salmon Arm. Sure enough, it was confirmed that the parts were not in. I demanded a full refund of the deposit I had made 3 weeks ago and let them have a piece of my mind for all the good it did.
I hooked up and drove to TRI-CROWN RV down the road. The guy there told me they could fix it but that the major problem was the frame (LIPPERT) which was slightly bending because of the slide weight. He told me that this was quite common with LIPPERT Frames and that there were a lot of lawsuits presently against them. He advised that I dump it! He said that it would cost a fair amount to have the frame strengthen, probably in the neighbourhood of $6-7 grand. He told me of a dealer in Kelowna who was quite reasonable if I wanted to trade in.
I drove to Kelowna, an hour away, to Country RV (NOT RELATED TO COUNTRY CAMPING) and talked to sales rep there who showed me a 2010 32’ Mountaineer 5th-Wheel made by Keystone. They had a good deal for me and I told him I would be back Saturday with Val. I then drove to Jubilee RV in Kamloops to get an estimate on the repairs. He said it would take a week to fix it and would e-mail me an estimate. I looked at a CITATION while there but the offer they made was ridiculous so I left and came home. Set up and relaxed for the rest of the evening. All this is really stressing me out and I feel overwhelmed by all the bad luck we’ve been having with this trailer.

No comments: