About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

August 10 to 15, 2009; North Shuswap

AUG. 10, Monday, Gateway
Well, it rained today, sort of! It was more like a small drizzle but it has cooled things down to a comfortable 70*F. Val is at work so I cooked my famous Shepherd Pie for dinner tonight. I also made an appointment for the truck to get some maintenance done and check the brakes.


AUG. 11, Tuesday, Gateway
It rained overnight but it is sunny now with cloudy periods. Val went to work today so I did the laundry and prepared dinner. A quiet day at home! Yesterday, we heard that 3 guys were seen and chased from our resort. One of them was carrying a big bag. I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later, especially with no security and different area where people can just walk in without being checked. At least at our end of the park, there are 4 of us living here full-time so we are keeping an eye out.
We watched the last DVD on “WIRE”; what an excellent series that was.


AUG. 12, Wednesday, to Salmon Arm
Val took the truck to work this morning and left me the car. I took the DVD back to the video shop in chase then drove to Salmon Arm. I picked up our mail and had a bite to eat at the coffee shop. At 1 p.m. I met the guys from “IQ GRAPHICS” at a body shop where they installed tinted film on the all the back windows of the car. They didn’t want to install any on the driver and passenger side as they are illegal in BC but they did cut and readied two of them for me. I was back home by 2:30 p.m. What a difference it makes on cutting the rays of the sun coming in the car!


AUG. 13, Thursday, truck maintenance
I took the truck in to Sorrento early this morning to have the radiator and transmission flushed. They also checked the brakes which still have 60% left. Thank goodness for that good old exhaust brake! I was out of there after 2.5 hours. I went to Chase afterwards and bottled and brought back our homemade wine as it was ready. 36 bottles should last us a couple days, I would think!?
I BBQ’ed pork chop for dinner


AUG. 14, Friday, Gateway
It is cloudy and cool this morning with rain in the forecast. Val had to work again today, an extra shift! I fixed a couple of little things inside the trailer than cleaned the patio.
We had happy hour with Donna and Marcel then we all went out to the pub in Scotch Creek for dinner. Being Friday, fish and chips was the special.


AUG 15, Saturday, shopping day
We went to Salmon Arm today and picked up our mail and did some grocery shopping. It was cloudy most of the day and cool but comfortable. We picked up a present for Jenaya (Val’s grand-daughter) and some new wipers for the car.
We came home after stopping in Chase for a couple movies and put everything away. We went over to Donna and Marcel for happy hour then came home for dinner. We had bought a pre-cooked chicken at the grocery store so we had that for dinner.
In the evening, we watched the movies we rented. We are becoming addicted to that!

No comments: