About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Friday, April 08, 2016

April 4 to 7, 2016: Disaster, Casa Grande and onward to Las Vegas

APR 4, MONDAY; to Casa Grande and more disaster
 We were up early and slowly got ready.  The slides came in, the air tank was filled and the jacks were brought up or so I thought!  I put the MH in gear and moved forward only to realize that the front jack never came up and the end result was a broken seal.  I managed to push the jack back up so that we could drive and were on our way by 11 am.  We drove north to I-8 then west to Hwy 84 and eventually Casa Grande.  As I mentioned before, Casa Grande Resort no longer accepts WHR members at the reduced rate so I made a reservation to another Park, FOOTHILLS WEST RV RESORT, a RPI member via Thousand Trails.  WE are here for 3 nights.
We went into town, found a AT&T store, got my sim card fix so that we now have phones, then to Verizon to re-connect my MIFI for internet access.  We also stopped at our favorite Chinese restaurant BIG WHA.  We went for groceries at FRY then came home to put everything away.  It is very hot out there, I even made it to the pool once back at the Park, very refreshing!  We had a light dinner and sat outside looking for a breeze.  The A/C is working double time right now.

We travelled 107 miles in 2 hrs and 15 minutes @ an average 50 mph
N   32* 58.362’
W 111* 46.599’
ALT: 1519 ft.


APR 5, TUESDAY; Visit with Bud & Judy
When I got up this morning, I noticed water on the ground by the Beaver so I went out to investigate and found the fresh water inlet had broken at the neck!?  So I shut off the water and took it apart and went into town to get a new one at the RV SHOP.  
I called UPS at home to find out if there was a tracking # on our mail and there was.  After looking it up, we found that our mail would be delivered today so we drove to Casa Grande Resort and asked for it to be held.  After a small discussion, they agree to hold it for one day so will pick it up tomorrow.  
We drove to Phoenix and had a marvelous visit with Bud & Judy.  Bud looks much better and his colors have come back.  We caught up to their news and shared ours then we went to a local Pub/restaurant that we had gone to before and his renowned for its wings.  There lots of taste to try and I ordered their hottest one (6) and Salt & Vinegar (6).  A beer to wash it down and it was great.  We had a four hours visit then came home as I had to install the new fresh water inlet that we had purchased earlier.  I got that done then it was to the pool for a refreshing soaking.  It is very hot and our A/C has a hard time cooling the MH


APR 6, WEDNESDAY; Last day in Casa Grande
The forecast is for 97*F today; it promises to be a hot one!
I picked up our mail then we went to BIG WA for our craving for Chinese food.  From there, it was Walmart to buy a couple items and some underwear and a pair of shorts for me.  On the way home, we stopped a small hole in the wall pub and had a beer at $2 each.  Back at the “farm”, we cooled off by going to the pool.  It is 98*F @ 3:30 pm.
I sorted our mail, we got all our T4’s so I can do our income tax.  Also got a whole bunch of magazines so lots to read in the next while.


APR 7, THURSDAY; Back on the road
We left Casa Grande at 8:45 am under cloudy sky and threats of rain.  We headed north on I-10 to 202N then 60 West.  I should have gone to 303 on I-10 then I would have missed all the lights in Sun City and all the other ones along the route.  Anyway, in Wickenburg, we turned north on 93 all the way to Las Vegas.  The drive from Wickenburg was a mixture of beautiful desert landscape with Cacti & Saguaro to just plain boring low shrubs and sand.  We stopped at a neat little area called WIKIUP.  The scene changed dramatically once we got near Boulder City with rugged terrain and a great view of the Colorado river.  We crossed the new bridge by the Hoover Dam then through Boulder City and finally arrived in Vegas.  We are camped at SAM’sTOWN RV Resort, now a KOA, on Nellis Ave and paid $30/night.  We are here for two nights. 
We sat outside for a while; still very warm and the A/C is going full blast!  We have two Quebecer that were in San Carlos about a month ago; funny to meet here again.

N  36* 06.974’
W 112* 03.814’
ALT: 1702 ft

We travelled 330 miles in 6 hrs and 15 min. and were stopped for one hour and 30 minutes

No comments: