About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Monday, April 25, 2016

April 21 to 24; Back in BC

APR 21, THURSDAY; Back in Canada and Chilliwack, BC
We headed out by 9 am and got on Hwy 99.  About a half hour later we entered I-5 North, drove through Portland with little rush hour traffic and finally stopped 3 hours later for lunch just past Seattle at a Casino.  We continued our journey north, turned onto Hwy 539 and eventually reached the Canadian Border at 3:45 pm but not before filling up with diesel, 56.7 gallons @ $2.15 US.
At the border, after buying a bottle of Bourbon at the Duty Free, we were across in 15 minutes after paying duties on the extra booze we had.  They were all very pleasant and talkative which was nice.  Back on Hwy 1, we soon arrived in Chilliwack where I dump our tanks at the Fairgrounds then drove to Rochelle and Kevin’s house, backed in and set up for the night; it is 4:40 pm. We sat out on their patio for a drink then went out to FRANK’S ITALIAN KITCHEN & BAR.  Unger Window installed all the windows and glass inside in that place.  Grand-daughter Hayley joined us and we made plans for a BBQ on Sunday at mom and dad’s place with all the kids present.  The restaurant is within walking distance from the house so we walked there and Kevin and I walked back.  The girls drove back with Hayley in her car.  We had lighting and thunder and rain just as we got home
I called son Jeff to let him know we were here, hope to see him on Sunday.  
It feels good to be home! 

We drove 328 miles in 6.5 hrs @ an average 53 mph.  Stopped a total of 2 hrs for fuel, lunch and rest
N   49* 07.798’
W 121* 52.760
Alt 38 ft

APR 22, FRIDAY; Chilliwack
I think that from here on, I will reduce my time consumption writing my blog by reporting a weekly recap.  It is going to become quite monotonous especially when we start working in May.  It is cloudy outside but warm.
Today we went to town to re-connect our Canadian phone number and re-started our BELL TV programs.  Well not quite; when I got to Bell store I found out that Bell had cancelled my account in January thereby cancelling my cell phone that I have had for the past twelve years.  I stormed out of there swearing that I will NEVER deal with them again.  If it wasn’t so expensive to change my satellite, I would also cancel my TV programming with them.
We walked over to ROGERS kiosk and I got a new sim card with them.  Our new number is now 250-515-0922.  I also got a cell phone for Val # 25-515-1104.  

Cloudy today!  I spent the morning catching up to our Income Taxes and putting the papers in order to get our insurance refunds.
We went for groceries and found the prices not too outrageous.  We stopped for a beer at our favorite Pub in Sardis then home to put everything away. 
HH with R&K and Ron & Babe.  We ordered Chinese food for dinner then watched the Revenant.  In bed by 11pm

APR 24, SUNDAY; visit and dinner with grand-kids
The day began slow and lazy.  We were finally showered and dressed by noon.  Visited with R&K for a while then we began getting thing ready for dinner.  Everyone showed up by 5 pm and we sat around and caught up to everyone’s news and recent trips.  Jeffrey was supposed to show up but he didn’t.  I texted him and he stated he was caught in a wind storm by his marina!???  Now, why he was out there when he told me he would be here makes no sense to me.  Whatever, that is his excuse and I guess I have to believe it or feel miserable and full of doubts which I don’t want to do.
We had a very nice dinner and Kevin did a superb job in cooking the steaks.  He takes so much pride in doing that!  For dessert, Doreen brought an ice cream cake that she made that morning and it was delicious!  It was all over too soon.  
We went back to our house and watched some tube then to bed.

No comments: