About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

November 6 to 9, 2015; Life in Indio and GeoCaching

NOV 6, FRIDAY; INDIO
I was up at 6:30 am; couldn’t sleep anymore!  It is sunny and promises to be a warm day!  I went to the office and settled our stay, got the rules and activity sheet for Val then I unloaded the bikes and kayaks and the show box.  Slowly settling in.  We went to Costco and bought a few things but when I got to the cashier I found out that they DO NOT use Master Card down here but AMEX so I had to use my Debit Card.  I was not a happy camper!  We won’t be going back to COSTCO while in the USA.  We then went to a VERIZON store to add more data on the MIFI then to WALMART for more groceries.  We also stopped at a restaurant recommended to us by Sid and Vera, called SOUPLANTATION where we had excellent soup and salad and all you can eat for $9.  We came home, put everything away then had a glass of wine outside.  Another warm day which reminds me that the A/C in the jeep quit and the red engine light came on so when I got home I disconnected the battery, cleaned it while at it and after re-connecting everything, the A/C worked and the red light was out!???  Go figure!!!  Dark out there by 5 pm.


NOV 7, Saturday; Indio
Sunny and very warm.  Val went for a routine walk and then for a swim in the afternoon.  I decided to get energetic and washed and polished the front wheels of the Beaver then the Jeep and also washed and polished the tires.  ( I must be bored!! J).  After that, I had enough energy to wash the Jeep’s windows inside and out.  Time for HH then BBQ steaks for dinner.


NOV 8, Sunday; Indio
We have new neighbours right next to us and at 6 this morning, I could hear the woman yakking away and their dog barking.  Thank goodness they left later in the morning!  Slowly getting into the routine:  a snooze for an hour or two, walks around the park, Val doing her jigsaw puzzles and going for a swim.  I put more toys out: Flags on the front, our “BAR IS OPEN” light and worked on the basement clean up.  Cooked fish on the BBQ then watched our two favorite shows on TV (Madam Secretary & Good Wife)


NOV 9, MONDAY; Geocaching.
Slept in sort of this morning.  My left eye is bothering a lot.  It is always wet and sore when I read.  I figure it is all the driving and the sun but time will tell, in the meantime I’m pouring eye drops in.  It did improve some as the day went on.   We decided to go geocaching today and as luck would have it, Babe and Ron showed up while we were gone! We did have a great day though.  We went to the BOX CANYON which is on the way to PAINTED CANYON.  The difference with this Canyon, we drove through finding caches along the way and came out on I-10 at the General PATTON Museum and rest area, about 29 miles from Indio.  Another item off the list!  We arrived home in the dark after stopping for a couple items for dinner.


No comments: