About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Wednesday, November 04, 2015

November 2 and 3, 2015; A day in Mariposa and onward to Sequoia National Park

NOV 2, MONDAY; One more day in Mariposa
WHAT A CHANGE!!!  We woke up to pouring rain and it lasted all day.  We decided to stay one more day as I didn’t feel like driving in this stuff, (we heard on the news that there was an eight cars pile-up).  After a very lazy morning, we went to town and did laundry.  I sent an e-mail to INDIAN WELLS RV PARK and made reservations for Nov 5 to 19.  After laundry, we found the local bar and had lunch and a drink then came home.  The rain finally let off around 3 pm but it is a heavy overcast sky out there and the temperature dropped to the low 60’s F.

Woke up to cloudy sky but no rain although it did rain on and off all night.  We were on the road by 8:30 am and drove back toward MERCED then 99 South to Visalia on HWY 198 where we stopped for a break and McDonald coffees.  We continued on up to 1100 feet where we went through Three Rivers village and found our campground at the North end.  We paid for two nights and settled in.  We got here at 1:30 pm so we went for a short walk around the campground looking for bears as the owner told us they were around and apparently one likes to spent the night in the tree behind our rig…very comforting!!!  Our drive up was cloudy and we got some rain on the way up but it was sunny when we set up.  We went for a drive to the village and check things out and visited a couple other campground and saw two bears; a black and a brown one.  They didn’t seem all that scare of us!  Took a couple pictures then continues our exploration.  We went up to the Park and found a bar/restaurant by the river, very quaint.  We had a beer and wings then headed back down to our little home.  It rained again but when we got down to our campground, the pavement was dry. A quiet evening at home and looking forward to tomorrow.

N  36* 27.527’
W 118* 52.882’
ALT:880 Ft

We drove 165 miles in 3 hrs @ an average 51MPH and stopped for an hour and half.

No comments: