About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

November 21 to 24, 2015: Algodones, MEX. and RV open Market

NOV 21, SATURDAY: Algodones, MEX
Hot, hot, hot today and VERY WINDY!  Welcome to Winterhaven/Yuma!  I don’t want to sound pessimistic but this Park is really on its last leg.  It is over half empty, there is very little activities going on, half the buildings are closed and so is the hot tub and the pool.  It’s a good thing our time here is free; I think this is going to be our last time here!
We went to Algodones, Mexico and I got some dental work done.  I have to go back Monday and Val also has an appointment then too.  We also got our MEXICAN VISA while there at $25 US each.  Afterwards, we drove to Yuma and I refilled my phone time with AT&T then we went to Best Buy to price some TV’s.  We checked the theatre for what’s on then stopped at BUFFALO Wings for beer and wings.  At 4pm, we walked back to the theatre and watched SPECTRE (James Bond).  Came home, still windy and warm.


NOV 22, SUNDAY; RV OPEN MARKET
Slept in today; up at 9 am!  We went to the Outdoor RV Market and bought a few items we required for the MH.  I ended up buying a new water pump as the one for our Reverse Osmosis is kaput!  That was an expense not planned on.  We tried to contact Jack and Ed but no one was available so we drove to Yuma downtown and stopped at our favorite Pub and watched football with beer and wings.  We came home around 4 pm and sat outside to enjoy the warm air; the winds have finally abated!


NOV 23, MONDAY; Back to Algodones, MEX.
We have high clouds this morning and no wind.  I got a message from Judy that we are invited to Ruth and Dennis for Thanks-Giving (USA) and of course we accepted.  We left at 10:15 for our 11 am appointments.  We were at the dentist for 4 long hours so we had lunch down there.  Once back home, Val made a meat loaf for dinner then we watched some TV.


NOV 24, TUESDAY: Algodones one last time
Today, we had to go back to Algodones for Val’s follow up and I got some adjustment done while there.  Of course, it took a while so we had breakfast in town then returned.  Finally, it was all done and we headed back to the USA.  We went to the Jeep Dealership about the A/C; they wanted me to leave the vehicle there the whole day after making an appointment just to diagnose the problem so needless to say I told them to take a hike!  We went to MESA RV about the covers for the lights which they didn’t have and I got a recommendation for a garage near here about the A/C so we proceeded to that place.  15 minutes later my A/C was fixed and it cost me $40.  A hole in the wall with hardly any signs indicating the place, they were busy but fitted me right in.  That’s what I call service!  We came home, had HH, dinner then the tube for entertainment.  As I was replacing the water in my CPAP machine and walking off the elevated floor, I banged my head on the lever on the air outlet in the ceiling and gave myself a gash of about a quarter inch which bleed of course.  Val got right into her nurse mode and fixed me up in no time.  It was a bit uncomfortable but the bleeding was stopped.


No comments: