About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Thursday, February 12, 2015

February 6 to 11, 2015; week-ends and major theft at work

FEB 6, Friday; another fast week
This was not a pleasant day mainly due to a combination of lousy weather, feeling depressed over the accident yesterday and a lack of sleep last night.  I had more driving to do today.  First I loaded the bin of aluminum to the recycling in Langley. Then I stopped in Abbotsford to move the scaffolding then onwards to Surrey to pick up a retractable screen that needed to be cut down in length.  From here, I went to Langley, dropped off the full bin and got an empty one then to METRIE to pick up doors.  Back at the shop I unloaded everything and put it away, locked up the storage then signed off and came home (3:30pm).  Val worked today and she is still not home so she must be working longer hours.  We had fish and chips for dinner then relaxed watching the tube

FEB 7, Saturday; TGI 3 days WEEK-END
I slept somewhat good last night although I had a few disturbing dreams.  I was up at 6:30 and did my usual routine: internet, e-mail, finances.  As I was drying the dishes I was looking outside and could see the whole valley then slowly, a mist rose from the valley floor and slowly enveloped the whole valley and soon, the houses on the hill in front of our view.  It was breathtaking and awesome; never seen anything like this before.  It really was fascinating!
I gave notice to our landlords for the first of April when we will move back into our “Beaver” and park it in a local campground for the summer.  The rain seems to have subsided for the time being but the sky is still threatening. 
Val filled out the form for her passport renewal and will be mailing it Monday.

FEB 8, Sunday;
A lazy day at home and a sunny one to boot, finally!  Val went for a walk on the trail by the Vedder River.  Dinner and tube for the evening

FEB 9, Monday; Family Day Holiday
Got word from our landlords this morning that the person coming to see the apartment has cancelled but we have a new one coming at 7 pm on Wednesday.  We went into town to drop off Val’s Passport at the Federal building.  We stopped at the Mall to buy a new ladle since I broke our old one.  We stopped at a new pub in town and had lunch then came home and I had a short one hour snooze while Val relaxed.  Val ran out of some of her meds and she is feeling it; hopefully, it will be here tomorrow.

FEB 10, Tuesday; to work for a 4 day week!
A busy but successful day in that we completed our task without any hitch.  At the end of the day, upon my return to the office, I found our meds had arrived but also a parcel from brother Gaetan and his wife Josette from Quebec; 12 boxes of chocolate cookies “Ti-Coq”, my favorites and only available back East, unfortunately.  I gave Kevin two to take to Rochelle and he only gave her one! J  As a joke of course!  Anyway, a quiet evening at home and to bed early

FEB 11, Wednesday; Disaster at work
The big excitement this morning at work was the theft of the delivery truck!  Kevin got a call at 7 this morning that the police found the truck near the Vedder Canal and that it was burned.  Him and I went there to see what we could salvage and took some pictures.  The cab and the front of the box was totally destroyed by fire.  As a matter of fact, it was still smoldering when we got there.  They had broken in the rear box and took all the tools.  The glass was broken, of course, and we could only salvage a couple of small items. Joe and I made a list of all the items we had inside including my new rain jacket!  Needless to say, we couldn’t finish our job from yesterday so we went to help Todd installing large windows at a private house.  What a day!

I have posted a couple pictures on our Facebook!

No comments: