About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Thursday, February 05, 2015

February 1 to 5, 2015; More work

FEBRUARY 1, ’15, Sunday: Super Bowl
I tried to sleep in but was up by 6:30 am anyway.  A lazy morning doing the blog and some budgeting for this month.  Val did the laundry and then we showered.  We went to the kids to watch the game.  It was good until Seattle gave it away; what a disappointment!  Anyway, we ordered pizzas for dinner, watched the balance of “Black List” then came home.  It rained most of the day but it had stopped by the time we came home and the moon was out.


FEB 2, Monday; to work I go
It was a busy day but it didn’t start on a good note; someone, over the week-end, came in the backyard and stole all the diesel out of the delivery truck’s tank!  After fuelling it back, I dropped off a double door at a customer so that our guys could installed it then back to the shop to load two racks of glass on the trailer and take that to Langley to our job site there and gave the guys a hand in installing two windows before heading for Coquitlam then Burnaby.  Associated Locks moved from Langley to Coquitlam hence my having to stop there now.  In Burnaby, I picked some boxes then headed back to Chilliwack.  We now have the second part of the store next door to us and already, Kevin had knocked down a wall to make more room.  That will become our working shop and expand our storage area too.  The Company is growing!


FEB 3, Tuesday;
I drove to Aldergrove to pick up frames then onward to Langley project to help Rob and Joe installing those frames and prepare them for the glass.  They were huge frames, two of them were 20 feet in length and we had some difficulties placing the second one.  That took care of our day!  Back at the office by 5 pm then home.  It was an early night as I didn’t have a good sleep last night.  Val worked today then picked up an application for renewing her passport which has expired.


FEB 4, Wednesday
Today was spent at the Langley project doing some rubbering, loading old aluminium frames into the Delivery truck and just helping whoever needed help.  I got a call to pick up doors at METRIE so I headed out and after picking up the load, I headed back to CHWK and unloaded everything except one palette that has to be delivered tomorrow.  A quiet day at home.  Val didn’t work today so she did the groceries shopping.


FEB 5, Thursday; a disastrous day!
I had a pile of deliveries to do today.  First I had to reload the doors for Chehalis and delivered them then I drove to Coquitlam then Burnaby where I picked up a couple of steel doors and delivered them to another location in Burnaby.  When I drove in I hit the stabilising leg on the tractor and damaged the side of the truck.  From here, I went to Surrey where the truck was hit again while I was inside.  Of course no one was available to answer for it.  I drove to Aldergrove and picked up a couple more loads then finally got home by 4:45 pm.  At home, we had a nice dinner then watched “BLACK LIST”.



No comments: