About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Thursday, February 19, 2015

February 12 to 19, 2015; Work and week-ends

FEB 12, Thursday;
Rain and more rain!  We went to Abbotsford toady but first, I had to pick up some materials.  I also purchased some of the items stolen such as tie-down straps, cutters, knifes, safety vest, gloves and safety glasses and a new rain jacket that was taken with the truck.  Bob and I were back at the shop by 2 pm after dropping off the scaffolds we had in Abbotsford.  That job is pretty well all done except for a few minor details.  We cleaned up at the shop then went home by 3:30 pm.  Val bottled our wine today and I helped her unload it when I got home.  We had dinner, watched “Black List”


FEB 13, Friday;
Goodie, goodie, it’s Friday!  Val had to get up at 4 am which woke me up and I had a hard time going back to sleep to 6am.  Work for me consisted of doing small stuff around the shop.  As I said before, we expanded to include the shop next to us so we have been busy renovating it whenever possible.  Today, I took apart all the plumbing that was exposed than emptied the extra hot water tank and disconnected it.  After that, I began taking a wall apart to make a doorway between the two places.  That took me to quitting time and I drove the delivery truck to K&R house where we store it now until we have the fencing done.  After that last incident, we are leaving nothing behind the main shop.  For dinner we had fish and rice including vegetables of course and ti-coq cookies for dessert!  We watched the tube in the evening.


FEB 14, Saturday;
We had a quiet and relaxing day then at 6 pm we went to JACKSON’s Restaurant for our Valentine Dinner!  It consisted of an entry of Skew Beef with a bourbon sweet sauce for me and a coconut shrimp cocktail for Val then for the main course, we had three choices and we both chose the steak which was well presented and cooked to perfection then dessert (2 choices) and we had one of each.  The whole thing was washed down with red wine….Perfect evening and we got home at 9pm.


FEB 15, Sunday;
Believe or not, it is SUNNY, finally!  A walk on the local river trail and a relaxing day overall.  We watched SNL 40 and recorded whatever we couldn’t watch due to going to bed early.


FEB 16, Monday; back to work
It was a quiet day for me and I was home by 3:30 pm.  I started by picking up windows at the “home” shop and delivering them to the work site then back to the main shop to work on the new partition and cleaning up.  I went shopping for the stuff that was stolen when the truck was taken then delivered a steel door frame to another work site which is soon coming due.  Rochelle and Kevin are leaving tomorrow morning for Palm Springs (Lucky devils) until next week-end which is their wedding anniversary!


FEB 17, Tuesday;
Another sunny day and warmer to boot!  Rochelle and Kevin are gone to Palm Springs and my day was fairly quiet.  I worked until 2:30 pm then came home.  Val was out when I got home; she had gone for a walk on the Vedder Trail.  Brother Johnny came out for dinner and to pick up his boxes of “Ti-Coq” cookies.  I BBQ’ed steaks and Val made a salad and fried onions and mushrooms.  IT was all good and we had a nice visit.


FEB 18, Wednesday;
Today, I went to work with Todd at a private house.  All the windows had already been replaces except the basement and that’s what we worked on.  It was a very messy and dusty job but we got it done. 


FEB 19, Thursday; Both at work
Val went to work this morning and I did some pick-ups in Langley, Coquitlam and Burnaby.  In the afternoon, I went with Todd and Bob to replace a window on a job we did a while back but a glass had been broken.  We were done by 3 pm and I came home.  It rained most of the day!  Dori, Val’s sister, called around 5 pm and they had a nice chat together.  Dinner and some tube watching till bedtime


No comments: