About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Monday, January 12, 2015

January 5 to 10, 2015; Work, work, work

JAN 5, Monday; Back to work!
Rain, rain, and more rain; by the end of the day, most of the snow was gone!  I went to Aldergrove to pick up some items for the Abbotsford job, came back, unloaded and proceeded to cut it all up in measured pieces.  That was my day!  At home, Val cooked a new dish which was very good than we watched “State of Affair”.  Val also got snow tires installed on her car.


JAN 6, Tuesday;
Another busy day cutting holes in the stuff I cut yesterday than rubbering it all.  Afterwards, I took apart some old windows as we keep it for the aluminum then I took it to the “Home shop”.  I was home by 4:30 pm, in time to clean up the mess that I found this morning as I was leaving; a raccoon got into the garbage overnight.


JAN 7, Wednesday;
I was on the road today by 9:30 am after loading three frames and the doors and all the scrap aluminium that was at the Home Shop.  I drove to Langley to the scrap yard and unloaded the aluminium (over $300. worth) then continued on to Burnaby by my old work site where I dropped the frames and doors at a storage building being renovated.  I drove to ACCURATE DOORS and picked up two doors then back to Langley where I first went-to pick up a bin where we will put the scrap metal from now on.  It was foggy from Abbotsford to Burnaby and back to Abbotsford where the sun was shining all the way home.  Once back at the shop, I unloaded the two metal doors and then a few maintenance things before calling it a day and was home by 4 pm.


JAN 8, Thursday;
Sunny and much warmer today.  Wouldn’t you know it, I spent the whole day inside the shop drilling and painting for an upcoming project in Abbotsford.  Todd worked with me too.  We had 120 metal brackets and had to drill a total of 480 holes; my wrist were sore at the end of the day.  We had one drill press and one handheld drill.  As usual, Val a great dinner for me.  She worked 7 to 11 today mostly at the cash serving the public.


JAN 9, Friday;
Ahhhhh, Friday!  Last day of work and I ended up at the Abbotsford project putting up the brackets I worked on yesterday; there were 3 of us there.  I left ahead of the other two and when I arrived at the shop, the “new” forklift was being delivered and I got to drive it first and unload the bin from the back of then delivery truck.  Time to relax for the week-end


JAN 10, Saturday;

I had a 10 hrs sleep and still feel tired!?  It is very dreary out there!  I called Jeff as we were planning on going to see him but he didn’t call back until later in the afternoon which made it too late to drive out there.  I spent the day watching Seattle beat the Ravens and Green Bay beat Dallas Cowboy.  Good games.  Val did laundry and we had left over for dinner; it’s amazing how she can turn that into a new dish!!!  In the evening, we watched the Golden Globe Awards then some of our recordings including “Madam Secretary” and “The Good Wife”.

No comments: