About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Friday, January 23, 2015

January 17 to 22, 2015; work, movies, football play-offs

JAN 17, Saturday; Work for a couple hours
I was up early as I had to go to work to make the delivery we loaded yesterday to Cultus Lake.  I was back at the office by 10:30 am and home by 11:30 am but first I stopped at COTTONWOOD RV to check on the MH; all was good there.  Val went to town to pick up groceries.  We went to OJ for snacks and a beer, only Vanessa was working so we had a short visit with her as it was busy.  We then tried to see “SNIPER” at the Movie but it was sold out so we bought a ticket for tomorrow evening.  We stopped at our favorite pub and that place was also packed but we did manage to get a seat for a beer then came home and watched “VIKINGS”. 

JAN 18, Sunday; Football play-offs
I woke up during the night feeling very dizzy and ended up barfing in the toilet!??  That whole episode lasted about 10-15 minutes then I was able to go back to bed and sleep.  WOW!!!!  I think I got food poisoning!??  This morning it is raining and we have a strong wind from the East.  Val did laundry and I wash the dishes after a good breakfast.

JAN 19, Monday; back to work
We had rain and sunshine throughout the day but we were inside for all of it!  Today, we had a new employee starting, Bob, cousin of Rochelle, and him and I and Graeme and Kevin worked on a job in Chilliwack while the other three went to Langley to work on that project.  I got a new experience as we installed glass walls for an office.  It was interesting to see how it is all put together.  We were done by 3:30 pm and I was home by 4:20 pm.  A good day!  For dinner, Val made meat balls and potatoes and gravy…one of my favorites.  She also had a good day at work albeit only 4 hours.

JAN 20, Tuesday;
Val worked today and I went to Langley to pick up a manual lift for the truck then got to use it when I picked up 4 palettes of doors.  I ended up at our project in Langley helping the guys.  We all got back to the office by 3:30 pm and I emptied the truck and placed the palettes in storage then loaded the old aluminum from the job site into the bin which is now full.  Val made a shrimp dinner then we watched the tube for a while.  She was in bed by 9 pm as she got a call to show at 6 tomorrow morning.

JAN 21, Wednesday;
Val was gone by the time I got at 6 am.  I had more pick-ups and deliveries to make today and I also worked in the shop for a while cutting and drilling metal channels for the job in Langley.  It was a decent day with some sunshine peeking through the clouds at times.  Home, dinner, some TV and to bed early

JAN 22, Thursday; busy day driving
First thing today, I had to deliver a window to a private house then back to the shop and onwards to ACCURATE DOORS in Burnaby.  I loaded the biggest load I ever had.  The truck was full with pallets and door frames with the last palette being delivered nearby at a job site we have a contract with.  Then it was back to Chwk to unload the balance of the load then reload some frames and doors and delivered these at a job site in Abbottsford.  So…it was a very busy day. Back at the shop, I loaded more door frame for another job here in Chwk which I will take to the “home shop” tomorrow.  Val didn’t work today.  It was somewhat warm (9*C) and rained most of the day especially in the afternoon.

No comments: