About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Thursday, August 14, 2014

August 7 to 13, 2014; Audrey and Marcel's visit

AUG  7 to 11; Back to more work and family visit
Val went to bottle our wine on Friday.  We heard from Gaetan and he is arriving in Calgary on the 30th then driving here.  Val’s sister is arriving this coming Sunday and will be staying until Thursday.  We had a quick drink with Theresa and Ron then BBQ a couple steaks with a salad.  Saturday evening we walked up to Mark and his wife’s place and had a drink with them then we went to Ron and Theresa to say goodbye as they are going back to the coast tomorrow.  Audrey (Val’s sister) and hubby Marcel arrived on Sunday for a couple days visit.  We went to the Pub on Sunday for the Roast Beef dinner.  Monday evening was our time to get drunk in the yard with the propane fire place.  They are staying at the Quaaout Lodge tonight.

AUG  12, Tuesday; Time with family
We got a call this morning that Marcel had problems with the Jeep.  It turns out it will be out of service for a few weeks so we decided to drive them to Rocky Mountain House in Alberta, a 9-10 hours drive.  We left around 11 am and after a long drive with a couple fuel and lunch break, we arrived at Curt and Carol’s place where Aud and Marcel’s motorhome is situated.  We had a nice but short visit with Curt and Carol and finally hit the sack at 11:30 pm, BC Time as we lost an hour by being in Alberta. 

AUG  13, Wednesday; Back to Gateway
We were up by 9 am local time and Curt showed us around.  What a beautiful place; they own 159 acres and have total privacy.  It is about 30 km out of town and very isolated which they like.  They were wonderful host and after a perfect and full breakfast we unfortunately had to say our goodbyes.  Big hugs all around and we were on the road by 11:30 am local time.  We were home by 7 pm and in bed by 10 pm.  It was a busy and hectic two days off.


No comments: