About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Thursday, August 21, 2014

August 14 to 20, 2014; Work and shopping

AUG  14 to 18; Work, work, work!
We finally got some rain on Thursday, not much though!  The heat wave continues!  I talked to Rochelle and Kevin last night and all is well at that end.  Graeme is continuing on the renovations of their new house, Hayley is moving to a new apartment with a new roommate and Vanessa is doing well.  They are looking forward to seeing Gaetan & Josette.
Work was somewhat slow and wet the first 3 days.  Campers are winding down and most Albertans have gone home to get ready for school and work.  Last day was sunny and quiet; looking forward to two days off… only 2 weeks of work left.

AUG  19, Tuesday; clean up at home
We spent the day doing laundry and clean-up.  I took a few items to the storage that we won’t need for the winter as we are spending it here in BC.  It was cloudy most of the day.  I washed the car and the Jeep then it began raining; go figure!!!  We had a small Happy Hour with Gail and Bob and a neighbour from down the street, Bill.  After dinner, we watched some of the recording I had made previously.  We tried to call Jenaya but there was no answer at home.


AUG  20, Wednesday; Shopping in Salmon Arm
After a late morning and a shower, we went to Salmon Arm for a doctor’s appointment (nothing serious).  On the way in I stopped at the RV store to get my pump checked and found out that it is the small control that needs replacing.  I will have to make a phone call to Arizona!  Val had to drop off her rings and a necklace to be repaired then we went to gas up at Husky.  The appointments over, we went to the grocery store to re-supply our cupboards then came home.  After putting everything away, we sat for a drink then had dinner and spent a quiet evening at home.  I was in bed by 9:30 pm.  Back to work tomorrow


No comments: