About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

August 21 to 27, 2014; Work and daily routine

AUG  21 to 25, WORK!
First day back was busy but fun; everyone is in a good mood, nearing the end!  The weather was very pleasant all week; we had warmed days but not hot with fresh mornings.  The fire ban is off so everyone in the Park is happy to have a fire.  Sunday evening, we met some of our crew at Scotch Creek Pub to say goodbye to Johanna and her husband Doug (who also work in the Park) as they leaving on the 2nd of September for Alberta to work and live.  They also bought a new Montana fifth-wheel.  In attendance were Jordan and her friend, Steph, Jeff and Donna and us.  We had a good dinner and a nice time.  We were home by 9 pm and I was in bed by 9:30 pm.  Monday being our “Friday” was quiet with few sites to clean.  Came home by 3:45 and had a shower then a glass of wine and relaxed before dinner.  After dinner, we went to Dennis & Ruth’s house and visited with his son Tim and his two boys; Carter and Ethan.  Also present were Dan and Heather and Kim.  We had a very pleasant evening and we came home around 10 pm.  Val went to bed and I decided to have one last glass of wine so I opened one and dropped it on the floor with the end results wine everywhere.  I cleaned up what I thought was all of it and went to bed.

AUG  26, Tuesday; Wash Day!
When we got up this morning, Val found wine stain on the couch and the wood floor.  She was silent about it and we cleaned it up;  I guess it will come to haunt me later!!! J.  After a healthy breakfast of bacon and eggs, I went out and washed “Beaver” from top to bottom, end to end!  Val did the laundry.  It is sunny and warm today!  I was going to do the inside of the Jeep but gave up; just too hot!  Dinner then we watched the tube for a while and spent some time sitting out enjoying a very nice evening.

AUG  27, Wednesday; Shopping and more cleaning
After a lazy morning, we drove to Sorrento where I got one year insurance for BEAVER, mailed my tax papers and picked some meds that I short on.  Onward to Salmon Arm where I bought a new pillow at Wal-Mart then we picked up Val’s rings which were re-aligned.  From here, we stopped for breakfast at PG family restaurant.  Although the prices are good, the service is very, very slow.  It took over a half hour to get our breakfast.  Oh well, live and learn!  We stopped for gas then picked up our mail.  Finally made it to Save-on-Foods and got our groceries.  One last thing to do…an oil change for the Jeep then home.  We unloaded the Jeep and I proceeded to clean the inside while Val put everything away.  Afterwards, I BBQ’ed hamburgers for dinner.  Relax was the word for the evening and we made our lunches for work tomorrow

1 comment:

Johanna Barker said...

We had a great time at the Pub on Sunday night also!! I hope that when we sell our house and start our RV travels we can meet up.
Was Val mad at you for spilling wine?:(