About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

MArch 15 to 18, 2014; Last days in Winterhaven CA

MAR  15, Saturday; Yuma Air Show!
14*C @ 5 am; 30*C in PM and strong winds

I didn’t have a good night sleep; I tossed all night and got up at 5 am however I did get a snooze in before leaving for the Air Show at 11 am.  Val got ready in the meantime and took tucker for his morning jaunt.

Before going to the air show, we stopped at COUNTY RV to talk about the bill.  He showed it to me and he was charging the Insurance for RE & RE the locking mechanism and was charging $200.  I pointed out to him that I had already paid for the removal of the mechanism and his answer was “I’ll pay you back the $20 I charged you!”  That did it for me, I said no thanks and walked out.  What a bloody thief!!!

Anyway, the Air Show was OK, it was extremely windy and most of the events were cancelled but some planes did fly and do acrobatic stuff.  We looked at the planes and war machines on display from the Marines and even had a beer.  It was hot on the tarmac even with the wind.  Temperatures reached 30*C.  We spent about 2 hours there then took the shuttle back to our car and came home.  Tucker was happy to see us, he’s been really good about staying home by himself, and I think he is getting used to it.

We went out to the clubhouse for our St-Patrick’s dinner which was really good but unfortunately, no second helping.  We watched the tube in the evening and I went to bed by 9 pm; Val stayed up for a bit longer.

 
MAR  16, Sunday; Winterhaven
15*C @ 7 am; 31*C in pm

 This had to be the hottest day yet!  We spent most of it inside under the A/C.  We watched some movies on TNT channel, read outside for a while, took Tucker for walks and just plain did NOTHING!  We had very little winds today.  Val made a new dish with Italian sausages and it was very good.  We sat out in the evening and made a couple of margaritas with Jack recipe; yum! Yum!  I got a call from my brother Gaetan in Quebec; he’s thinking of coming out this way for a few days.  I think he needs a change of mind; he’s the one that learned he had prostate cancer and has had an operation recently.  He said he would get back to me.

 
MAR  17, Monday; wash day
15*C in am & windy again! 29* in pm and still windy!

Val did laundry and I did some work on the blog and computer.  Our guys to wash the rig showed up at 3 pm to tell us that it is too windy to wash so we have postpone to tomorrow morning.  Val’s gone to the clubhouse to do some puzzling.  We had a light dinner; Pork tacos and it was delicious.  “The Voice and The Black List” were on the agenda for the evening!

 
MAR  18, Tuesday; Last day in Winterhaven
15*C @ 7am and windy;

We had such strong winds overnight; so much so that it woke me up and I had to go outside to bring in all the window’s awnings.  It was still windy when I got up at 7 am.  We were supposed to get our rig wash but due to the winds, it was cancelled.  There sure aren’t many people walking about.  We had to vacuum the bedroom again as there must have been ½ inch of dust and sand on the counter by the window and I am sure the carpet was just as bad; we had left the windows open in the bedroom! 

At 3 pm, we went to COUNTY RV to pick up the strip of rubber for the slide then we drove to Mim & Jack resort.  We had a very interesting and animated discussion and Jack cooked some hot sausages and Mim put out more stuff.  We had a very good time but then it was time to come home so we hugged good-bye and drove back to Pilot Knob.  Tomorrow, we head out for Desert Hot Spring

No comments: