About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Saturday, March 15, 2014

March 10 to 14, 2014; Winterhaven and repairs on MH

MAR  10, Monday; Meeting friends
12*C @ 7 am; 27* C and sunny

Once again, on the road to Yuma and this time to meet friends!  First we met Charlene and Lynden for lunch and we had a great time catching up to each other’s news; lunch was good to, we went to Logan Steak House and some very good burgers.  After saying goodbye to them, we went to Kohl’s where we finally found some floor mat to replace the ones we presently have.  From here, we went to the “Foothills” to meet with Judy and Ed as they are leaving tomorrow for Vegas then home.  We had ice cream at then we came home and after a light dinner, Val went to the clubhouse and I caught up to my blog.

 
MAR  11, Tuesday;
12* @ 6am; 25* C, cloudy and windy

Val decided to clean the inside; vacuum, wash the floors and shake the carpets.  I took the Jeep to town and had an Oil & Lube done on it, it was due!  I came home and we relaxed and read for the rest of the afternoon, had a drink at HH then it was time for dinner which was a light one.  To bed by 10 pm!

 
MAR  12, Wednesday; repairs on the Beaver
12* C at 6 am; 26*C in pm with light winds

We were ready to go by 9 am and we took the Beaver to County RV Repair near “La Mesa” RV.  Our appointment was for 10 am and we were on time.  We left it there for 2 hrs and in the meantime, we went to WALMART nearby and got some groceries and a couple other small items.  We were back at the shop by 11:30 on to learn that the locking mechanism is a seal unit and will cost $1700 just for the part.  I put the old lock in the basement and will see if we can drive without it.  I also had the charging system checked and found out that the two batteries I got last May have bad cells so will have to exchange that when I return home.

We drove back to our site in Pilot Knob, parked and set up then Val went to the clubhouse and I caught up to my blog.  We had dinner then watched the tube for a while before going to bed by 10 pm

 
MAR  13, Thursday; Winterhaven
11*C @ 6am; 25*C in pm, overcast with sunny periods

Morning was filled with chores.  I adjusted my passenger mirror, installed and set the air warning gadgets on the jeep and the rear inner tires for the MH, washed the kayaks and moved them from under the tree as they were being soiled by bird poop.  Afterwards, we went to town to the outdoor RV market and I picked up a new Valve stem remover and a new LED light for the bathroom.  I looked for refills for my travel log but had no luck.  We had a beer and hot dog at the Market then we drove to County RV Repair and asked about my extended warranty and he said he would check so we came home.  For dinner, I BBQ’ed steaks and lobster (from Mexico), Val made a salad to compliment it.  We watched the tube in the evening.  It is quite windy right now, cooling off the warm temperature.

 
MAR  14, Friday;
11* @ 7 am; 25*C in pm, windy!

Today was a quiet day!  I spent the morning dealing with a few items that needed attention including sending and e-mail to County RV with a copy of my warranty.  In the afternoon, we went to the “Indoor Market” in Yuma.  This market dealt mainly with clothing and jewelery and only RV store.  I bought a new handle for the sewer trap lever and that was it.  We came home, had a drink and got a call from Mim & Jack; we made arrangements to meet on Tuesday.  I got a call back from County RV and he has quoted $2800 to the insurance and they are willing to pay only $2600 so with my deductible, it would cost me $400; I said we would discuss further tomorrow. 
For dinner, Val made a meat loaf with peas and potatoes…DELICIOUS!  We sat outside for a while then Val went to the clubhouse to work on puzzles while I did the dishes.  IT is still warm outside and the A/C is on full blast!

No comments: