About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Thursday, May 16, 2013

May 10 to 16, 2013; Lots of appointments & deliveries

MAY  10, Friday, back to Salmon Arm.
Sunny and hot!  I was up early so that I could make my appointment at 10 AM at Crystal Glass.  The drive to Salmon Arm was uneventful and after getting the windshield replaced on the car, I picked up the mail, bought flea treatment for Tucker then came home three hours later.  I got a return call from a guy I’ve been trying to reach regarding my electrical problems and he will call back in a couple days.  Val did laundry while I was gone then worked in the garden planting flowers she bought yesterday.  We went to the Lessard’s for HH then home for dinner and tube time.

 
MAY  11, Saturday, Gateway
Another sunny and beautiful day!  Val went to help Donna and I worked on organizing my stuff in the lockers.  I also put a charger on the chassis batteries as they are completely dead.  A malfunctioning inverter/charger may be the problem!??  Not much else happened today; HH at Ed and Judy and that’s about it.

 
MAY  12, Sunday,
It rained overnight and it was cloudy all day.  Val decided to vacuum and clean the inside so Tucker and I were kicked outside for a while.  I ordered a receiving hitch for the bike rack on line otherwise, it was a quiet day and Marcel, Donna and Bob came over for HH; Gail is in Kelowna for a few days.  After dinner, we watched “Survivors” then it was bed time.

 
MAY  13, Monday,
Cloud/sun and warm!  I went to bottle our wine this morning then made an appointment for next Tuesday to have the windshield replaced on the Jeep. I checked on line where I could buy heavy duty batteries and found a few but it looks like I am going to have to put out a couple of hundred dollars. We had a light rain in the evening.  Val found out today that she can no longer register as a nurse unless she goes to the University in Kamloops to upgrade her status.  This would take a couple months making it unreasonable so she decided to let it go; she is now OFFICIALLY RETIRED for good!!!  She is taking it with lots of emotions.

 
MAY  14, Tuesday, Salmon Arm
After our morning routine, we went to Salmon Arm to have our eyes examined.  We had our usual breakfast sandwich at our usual cafe shop afterwards then went to the mall to get me a pair of jeans.  We also stopped at “Bricks” to see about a new coffee table for our rig but no luck.  We came home and drove to Scotch Creek where we voted then drove to the Park where we both applied for a job.  I have my old one back and Val has an interview tomorrow morning.  We had a quiet HH by ourselves at home, dinner then watched the election results.  The LIBERALS got back in which was a BIG, BIG surprise.

 
MAY  15, Wednesday,
Cloudy and cold this morning but it did warm up when the sun came out in the afternoon.  Val went for an interview at the Park then drove to Kamloops for her appointment with a Chiropractor.  She picked up a couple parts for the toilet which I discovered needs a new seal.  I drove to the Bank then to the Post Office where I picked up the racks for the Kayak for the top of the Jeep.  I had taken out the two Chassis batteries and traded them for two new one at NAPA store.  I came home and put the batteries back in their slots then put the racks together too.  Val got back around 4 pm so the toilet will have to wait until tomorrow.  We went to Ed and Judy for HH; everyone except Donna and Marcel, were there.

 
MAY  16, Thursday, Doctor’s appointments
We went to Salmon Arm again today.  We both had a Dr’s appointment at 2 pm and an appointment with IRS, my Sleep Apnea consulting office.  We also stopped at the grocery store for some food and Cdn tire to pick up a couple item and get new brakes on the car.  We finally got home at 5:30 pm and Tucker was very happy to see us; he was outside as Marcel let him out.  I BBQ’ed steaks for dinner and Val made a salad with shrimps.

No comments: