About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Sunday, May 05, 2013

May 1 to 4, 2013; Gateway, Lee Creek, BC

2013 MAY  1, Wednesday, Gateway
Up early again this morning; it’s supposed to be warmer today and it is sunny!  Did some blogging and financing then I took Tucker for our morning walk.  Afterwards, O hooked up the satellite on a temporary basis in the bedroom then went outside to finish organizing the lockers below which I DID!!!  I can’t believe the amount of extra stuff we were carrying in the basement.  I got it down to a quarter of that amount.  I found our second GPS so updated that on line; also hooked up satellite TV in the bedroom on a temporary basis.  Dennis and Ruth got back today and brought our beer (9 cases) at a much cheaper rate then we can get here.  We had HH at Donna and Marcel again tonight.  After a good dinner, we watched “Survivors”!

 
May  2, Thursday,
Another productive day!  It was cloudy most of the day but a bit warmer than it’s been.  I unloaded another box that came from the truck and is now part of the Jeep.  I had a guy come over and hook our satellite to our TV; I couldn’t do it as the wiring was all about the Satellite dome on top of the MH and a meter reader was required to find the right one.  We got our finance papers on the MH and I shipped it right back after signing them.  I also cancelled the extended warranty on the trailer.  Our friend Brook, who has been away, came over to take a look at our rig and invited us over for a drink at his cabin on the hill.  After dinner, we watched the tube.

 
MAY  3, Friday,
Another busy day and it was much warmer!  I washed the MH, the car and the jeep.  I felt energetic!  I also went into Sorrento to pick up the air filter I had almost forgotten about.  I checked the batteries and found them to be still low so I think I will put the new ones on.  Val worked on the garden for a while and put up the bird feeder then Donna came over and the visited and planned a trip for next week to Salmon Arm and Kamloops for work.  I got a text from Rochelle that they will come out tomorrow for the week-end; looking forward seeing them.  I BBQ’ed pork chops for dinner then we watched the tube.

 
MAY  4, Saturday, visitors from the Coast
Another beautiful sunny day and again, much warmer too, what a bonus!  I took the old batteries out and put the ones in; those batteries are heavy!  I took the small propane tank to Scotch Creek and had it filled then came home after picking up a couple items for Val at the grocery store.  In the meantime, Rochelle and Kevin had arrived in their new car so we had a warm reunion and they were quite impressed with our purchased.  They also had some big news: not only did Hayley move out (she was the last one living home) but they leased a property in town for the business and will be moving everything over there.  WOW, Big News!  For dinner, I BBQ’ed chicken and Val made a salad.  It was nicely warm outside so we ate outside and no bugs around, how nice!  Once the sun went down, it cooled off quickly so we moved inside and continued our discussions and visits.  The kids have rented a room at the ‘QUAAOUT LODGE” near here, so they left around 11 PM with the agreement we would meet them there in the morning for the breakfast smorg.

No comments: