About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Friday, September 30, 2011

September 27 to 30, 2011; shopping and visit in Kamloops

SEPT 27, Tuesday
We went to Kamloops today to shop at Costco and at the mall for Val’s hair and make-up stuff that she cannot find in Salmon Arm or the States. We also stopped at South Thompson where I collected a cheque for the converter that was replaced in Mexico (I had forgotten about it until I was going through some papers of mine and realized that I never collected that money).
At home, we had happy hour at B&G and John, who is out to winterize his cabin, joined us.


SEPT 28, Wednesday
Sunny but cool! I went to Chase first thing this morning for my usual blood test and was told that I couldn’t because I just had one in August so I fasted for nothing overnight. Oh well!!! I helped Bob for a while then did some of my own stuff such as loading the truck for our departure. Val went to work this morning and she got paid this week so she went to Chase after work to deposit her fortune in the bank. Later in the afternoon, we all drove up to John’s cabin on the hill and had happy hour with him. He is leaving tomorrow for Alberta.


SEPT 29, Thursday

Val went to work for her final day! At 1 pm she went to bottle wine while I drove to Salmon Arm to get my apnea machine checked out then to the collision place to pick up my door strip that was damaged while at the tranny garage. I made a stop at 1st Klassen tranny and they checked it for leaks then I was on my way home. I also got an oil change and lube for the truck. Now we are ready to leave...almost! I phone Cartmell to get a quote on our health insurance and he will call again tomorrow for a price. I think things will go up due to my being an “official” diabetic.
We moved Marcel and Donna’s trailer off their lot in preparation of receiving their Park Model. Their neighbours, Len and Terry, moved their Park Model in today. Happy hour at B&G then home for dinner and a quiet evening at home. Got text messages from Rochelle that Hayley is playing volleyball at a local school in Kamloops this Saturday so we will definitely be attending that.


Sept 30, Friday
Another month gone by, time is flying fast! Got more e-mail from friends heading down to Mexico. Even one of our neighbours is talking about meeting us in Nogales then travel down to San Carlos together (Safety in numbers). Cloudy this morning but warmer than yesterday!
We received a text message yesterday from Rochelle that Haley was playing volleyball in Kamloops so we headed out and watched her games at NorKam High school on the North shore. They lost 2 games and won 4 which is excellent for girls on their first year tour. We had lunch together and dinner was at the local pub with Rochelle and Kevin while Hayley went to her room for the night and a light snack with her friends. It was an excellent day and a break from our regular routine. We got home around midnight and it was straight to bed.

No comments: