About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

September 12 to 16, 2011; more news

SEPT 12, Monday
I can’t remember if I mentioned it but Forest River came through with some money to defray the cost of the suspension. It was enough to make us satisfied and now we move on!
I helped Bob with some stuff around his place then washed the car and Val did some laundry for our neighbour, Brook. Another hot one today and the AC is on full time. Dinner then TV!


SEPT 13, Tuesday
A quiet day on the farm, as they say! We did go out Geo-Caching all the way to Anglemont at the north end of the lake, found 12 caches on the way then came home. Bob was working on his trailer and was glad to see us as it meant Happy Hour. In the evening, we watched a movie then to bed.


SEPT 14, Wednesday, busy day!
Val went to work at 5:30 am as janitor and came home at 11 am. We took Tucker in for a haircut and around 2:30, I went to Salmon Arm for a follow-up appointment with my breathing apparatus. I got a new nose breathing mask which is much smaller, only covers the nostrils. I sure hope it works!!! I picked up our mail while in S.A. and stopped at the tranny “1st Class” and made an appointment for next Monday to check the transmission on the truck; just routine stuff.
Gail and Bob received their new Park Model this morning and I took a few pictures for them (see folder #79, Fall & departure for a couple of them). We had them over for a drink and dinner then we watched “Survivor” together. I chatted with my daughter Rochelle for a few minutes getting all the news from home and confirming that she is having “Thanks-Giving” again this year. Early bed time as we both have to work tomorrow.


SEPT 15, Thursday
Both to work! This is my last two days then it’s retirement time or so I thought... I was offered to stay on for another week so I accepted. I will be working tomorrow and this Saturday and again next week.
On the home front, Jack and Mim came out to see B&G new Park Model but since they are not home yet, we had them over our place. Marcel joined us then his wife Donna. Bob and Gail eventually made it home and we all moved over to their place for a visit. George and Dorothy also joined us. Val had to go for a haircut at Heather so left and I came home.


SEPT 16, Friday
When I got home, I learned that CSRD turned down Gateway’s application for a “Destination Resort” so now we’re not sure what will happen. Coo, the major investor from Hong Kong, in this project, had served notice that he may take them to court, so we will see. Happy Hour was lively with discussions on the subject. Supper was fish and rice for us then I watched “Pacific” and went to bed

No comments: